Tiger Cats at BC - who will win?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Tiger Cats at BC - Who Will Win

Tiger Cats
57%
Lions
43%
Tie
No votes

Total votes: 21
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Just saw the Ottawa game. Tiger Cats shut down Ottawa. Their defence will do the same to BC. Hamilton's offence looked so so today, but will do enough to win and I predict another ST touchdown by Tiger Cats against the Lions for Taylor A still coaching ours.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Guarantee loss night
Kamloops Lion
All Star

My wager is that the Leos win in impressive fashion and that leads to a six-game streak against six straight East opponents. So, after the next six games, they will be 7-8. A loss in Edmonton then drops them to 7-9, but they rally to defeat Regina and Calgary at home to finished the season at 9-9. A collapse by both Calgary and Saskatchewan allows the Leos to eke into the crossover spot. Then Bobby Ewing emerges from the shower . . .
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Kamloops Lion wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm
My wager is that the Leos win in impressive fashion and that leads to a six-game streak against six straight East opponents. So, after the next six games, they will be 7-8. A loss in Edmonton then drops them to 7-9, but they rally to defeat Regina and Calgary at home to finished the season at 9-9. A collapse by both Calgary and Saskatchewan allows the Leos to eke into the crossover spot. Then Bobby Ewing emerges from the shower . . .
You had me up to the last line.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 pm
Just saw the Ottawa game. Tiger Cats shut down Ottawa. Their defence will do the same to BC. Hamilton's offence looked so so today, but will do enough to win and I predict another ST touchdown by Tiger Cats against the Lions for Taylor A still coaching ours.
Is shutting down Ottawa's offence that much of an accomplishment? While BC's offense has struggled Ottawa's is worse. Only the Argos trail the REDBLACKS offensively. Going into the Hamilton game Ottawa was ranked last or 2nd to last in 18 different offensive categories. The Ticats certainly didn't shut the BC offense down last week as BC chalked up 30 1st downs and dominated time of possession.

Bigger question is will BC's defense have a repeat performance of the Winnipeg game where they actually put some heat on the QB, something they didn't do in Hamilton. As it did last year has the injection of Lemon changed the dynamics of the DL? Is he able to consistently bring that pressure that has been missing from the end opposite Willis that disrupts the OL? If yes that could turn the tables on the Tabbies.
Last edited by Hambone on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Lui05
Rookie

Kamloops Lion wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm
:beer:
Thank you for a good laugh.
I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time". So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

Steven Wright
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well done sir, well done. Does anyone remember he was also the man from Atlantis who would always find some way to get the living.... kicked out of him but would then regenerate when immersed in water. I think the Lions have the first part down really good and sadly cats aren't especially fond of water.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm
Guarantee loss night
No. We win this one.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I would not bet on the Lions. I think it is 50/50 we win as poll results indicate that. Traditionally we beat East teams at home, but this year all bets are off. I expect game to come down to the wire and we enough squeak one out or blow a lead in the final minute.

I am still betting on Tiger Cats to win this . All quiet on Lions front, so likely no changes this week for the game.
Dusty
Champion

Lion Guy wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:27 am
TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm
Guarantee loss night
No. We win this one.
Uhmmm, I'm still fussing about this one.... on Guaranteed Loss Night, if we have a loss, we win because it was GLN..... but if we win, does that still count as a win.... I think yes..... so.... we should do a GLN for the rest of the season ..... it is a win every time!
JohnnyMusso
Champion

CFL writers give their picks and 2/3 pick Ti Cats, similar results to our poll where 60% of us feel Ti cats will win too:

HAM at BC

Saturday night’s late game will feature a rematch from Week 9.

The Tabbies and Lions met up in Hamilton, with the hosts taking the win with a last-minute touchdown connection between Dane Evans and Brandon Banks.

Since taking over for Jeremiah Masoli, Evans has been taking strides every week. He threw for 300 yards and a touchdown against the REDBLACKS in Week 10. Bralon Addison finished with 100 yards and Luke Tasker had 83 yards receiving. Cameron Marshall also rumbled for 92 yards on the ground. It was the Ticats’ defence that shined for the team against Ottawa, however. They held the REDBLACKS to just a single point in the first half and seven on the game.

Mike Reilly completed 16 passes for 177 yards but he was sacked seven times by the Bombers. John White had 53 yards and a touchdown on 11 rushes and Lemar Durant had 108 receiving yards on five catches. The Leos need to figure out how to protect Reilly or they’re going to continue to run into trouble.

BC is looking to gain momentum while Hamilton is aiming to widen its lead atop the East standings.

PICK

Writers: 66% HAM

Fans: 64% HAM
Dusty
Champion

I continue to be perplexed by the Lions record to-date. How a team that has the level of talent that they have can be doing so poorly is, to me, very perplexing. Yes, I know that we have not had a pass rush and that by giving opposing QB's excessive time to allow their plays to develop, we are putting ALL the pressure on the DB's to keep coverage beyond their (or anyone's) capabilities and yes, I know that our offensive schemes are predicated on giving our QB time in the pocket while our receivers run their routes and we all know how that has worked out, and yes, I know that our special teams have let us down at inopportune times of the game.

However, even with the above happening, it still is perplexing to me that this team has not been able to put in a solid 60 minutes of football.

I am going to Saturday's game holding the attitude that the first 9 games of the season was merely an extended pre-season.

I expect that Saturday's game, as the first game of the second half of the season, will be the first complete game that this team has played so far this season, and they will win by 17 points.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I was reminded in a Province story that Ed Hervey and QB Mike Reilly went 1 and 9 their first year together in Edmonton and followed by an uptick and eventual Grey Cup.

I also recall the bad years of the Ticats (2005 IIRC) even with Danny McManus at QB not that many years back. One day I was going to meet a friend for dinner pre-game and saw the 'Cats' bus drive by near the stadium. The looks on their faces looked like they had all been sentenced to a long prison term.

Another thing we have going for us (hopefully) is these Cats last night enjoyed some Van night life and also didn't get a great night's sleep given the 3 hours difference in time and the game starting tonight at 10 pm.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I remember Toronto destroying BC in the final game of the year few years back at BC Place, so not buying the time change being an issue. Until Lions prove to me, they can play a 60 minute game I am going to go with the Tiger Cats winning this in a close game.

Yes Hervey and Reilly went 1 and 9 first year in Edmonton, but many forget that Reilly was 5 or 6 years younger then. He is 34 I think now. His best years are behind him.

I hope the Lions good practices help, but practices are not games and there is no pressure on them. There will be pressure on them to win at home and prove they are better then 1 and 8. I go into this game with no expectations and see how it plays out. If they lose again, they have a bye and more changes could happen then. Some potential new owners could be watching.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am
I continue to be perplexed by the Lions record to-date. How a team that has the level of talent that they have can be doing so poorly is, to me, very perplexing.
The team I've been watching is certainly not loaded with talent. They can't block, can't tackle and continually get beaten by Special Teams.