NFL Cutdown Date

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

prj
Starter

Aug. 31. Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Sept. 5, 8-9. Regular Season Week 1.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Duke Williams looks good apparently as did Alex Singleton who'd likely have gone back to Calgary if he didn't make it. He was in Calgary pre-TC this season for a game and trashed Simoni Lawrence 's dirty hit on Collaros and stated it warranted a major suspension.

I'd not hold my breath waiting for relief from there.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

I wouldn't hold my breath, fellas. Most guys that are released are going to be waiting by their phone for a call from their agent about an opportunity with another NFL club (remember Boyko??). Clubs are able to establish a Practice Squad of 10 players on Sept. 1, further limiting the pool of available players.

The chances of landing a Carl Kidd aren't the best, but we'll just have to see I guess.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 am
Duke Williams looks good apparently as did Alex Singleton who'd likely have gone back to Calgary if he didn't make it. He was in Calgary pre-TC this season for a game and trashed Simoni Lawrence 's dirty hit on Collaros and stated it warranted a major suspension.

I'd not hold my breath waiting for relief from there.
Williams had 3 catches last night for 38 yards and 1 TD.
Singleton led the Eagles last night with 5 tackles, 1 tackle assist and 1 TFL. He had 2 tackles and a forced fumble in the previous game.
Bryant Mitchell had 5 catches on 5 targets for 32 yards in Week 1. It doesn't look like he was activated last night.
Marken Michel has 1 catch in each of the Eagles 2 games; 1 for 12 yards last night and 1 for 75 yards and a TD in the first week.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
jwbavalon
Rookie

What am I missing? If you are at NFL caliber but not quite good enough to even land on a PR why would you come to BC? You want to play football so you can keep your foot in the door for maybe another NFL chance so the CFL is a good option. But not only does BC have one of the most expensive living costs in the country, the team is at the bottom of the power rankings. Why not go to a team with a GC chance. You could show your talent and shine like a big fish in a little pond. Unless you are on BC's player list, I would search out a team in the upper power rankings.

Having said all that, I hope for a few NFL cast offs (too bad not coaches) to right our ship (that has sailed).