Post Game Thread - Lions & Bombers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 pm
It was mentioned in the post game that Ed Hervey stood on the sidelines the entire game with his arms folded seething at what he's seeing.
He's only doing that now?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
BC 1988
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 pm
Farhan believes Hervey let Claybrooks do it his way by hiring coaches he felt comfortable to work with and was a mistake for it is not a good coaching staff. He believes if Hervey decides to keep Claybrooks he will insist to him now they will do things his way and will get rid of his entire staff and hire more experienced coaches. Whether that process begins earlier who knows.
Yes that makes a lot of sense. I remember when the rest of the coaching staff were selected it was sudden--several on this forum wondered if there was any time spent interviewing. Stubler, Altilio, Lewis, Tate--Claybrooks probably just made his selections in a couple of minutes (with Jackson already there and not going to be replaced). Chui was the only one where there was any kind of selection process.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Yes the flag tossing has subsided recently due to the eye in the sky but coaches like Campbell and Dickenson and others tossed flags on the hope they'd get something lol.

3 to 2 QBs Next Season:

Quite frankly this is a mistake for the CFL as players like Adams and Fajardo and Franklin would not have been dressed on their teams and thus this harms development.

With the Lions Danny O'Brien is just going to mirror Reilly versus the 3rd guy who I haven't a facking clue about even though I take in the odd practice these days versus the days of Dickenson, Printers, Pierce and Jackson (who hurt his thumb in '05 on the first play of pre-season in Regina and basically lost the year). With the Lions losing that game Buck came off the bench and led BC to victory and that plus other things kept the 4th QB on the team!

With QB the most vital of positions how can the CFL develop them if they reduce this to 2 dressed next year!!! Ans: They can't.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy