Radio Post Game Show

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

I only caught the last 5 minutes and heard only a few comments Brooke and that ex OL said. But missed what Bob 'the Moj' Marjanovich and Giulio Caravatta said. Can anyone fill me in and mention some of what they said about the Lions and what they think may happen now.

Thanks.
Last edited by JohnnyMusso on Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions will get a day off tomorrow in Hamilton and then practice at McMaster on Monday and Tuesday before flying to Winnipeg on Wednesday for the game against the Bombers. Both were pretty speechless following the Lions' loss. Said if Anthony Thompson had recover the short kick the result may have been different. Said the Lions came with pressure in the first half but backed away in the 2nd half.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm
Lions will get a day off tomorrow in Hamilton and then practice at McMaster on Monday and Tuesday before flying to Winnipeg on Wednesday for the game against the Bombers. Both were pretty speechless following the Lions' loss. Said if Anthony Thompson had recover the short kick the result may have been different. Said the Lions came with pressure in the first half but backed away in the 2nd half.
It's disappointing that players like Thompson with a chance to make a big play don't. It's emblematic of the DEF that they never make big plays.

DeVone Claybrooks spends a lot of time with the DEF and there just is not a pass rush to keep the opposing QB on edge and no big plays by DEF.

Special Teams and not covering the wide side was disgusting. Only that last effort with Lankford punting on the last play were signs that the ST coaching is working.

In practice there was a short kick like the Ticats executed when they went from FG formation to punt for the recovery and I was shocked that in practice there was no real decent cover of it so it's not like BC wasn't ready for it.

Decent run blocking tonight and that's a positive sign for BC but I'd still like someone up in that booth that could get Jarius to call some razzle dazzle and trick plays. The last INT from Reilly was Lawrence reading the play and not engaging our LT who stepped back in pass protection.

I don't like how the BC kickers practice when I'm there and missing the PAT like Cats did - was a point they needed. Not sure on BCs 1st TD they shouldn't have just did the single and not try the 2 pts to tie it at 8.

Reilly and BC did a great job of 2nd down conversions and possessing the ball but Mike has to find more than his first target. This will improve with the new mix on the OLINE.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy