Ring of Honour/Wall of Fame

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Hoping someone can explain this to me as the Lions have announced Geroy and Darren Flutie will be inducted to their the Wall of Fame next game.

So what is the difference between the Ring of Honour and Wall of Fame? I always thought one was top tier recognition (retired number) and the next was second tier.

Only reason I bring this up is Geroy was already added to the Ring of Honour as most of us know with #81 retired. Brent Johnson was also added in the same time frame.

https://www.bclions.com/bc-lions-honoured-numbers/

So why does he need to be recognized again? Why not just name him to both at the same time or just keep the two honours entirely separate?

That’s what the Canucks do with the Sedins getting their numbers retired this coming season and Burrows also being added to their Ring of Honour.

It’s kind of funny reading some of the comments on social media like “it’s about time” and “what took so long?”

On a side note: the Lions are WAY WAY overdue adding Dante Marsh, Korey Banks and Ryan Phillips to the Wall of Fame.