Admit it, Claybrooks is a High School Coach, at best!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Fan For Life
prospect

Really?
Are you guys trying to tell me, that you Experts are not able to see it for yourselves?
Nothing against Claybrooks personally, BUT....as a "Head Coach" of a Pro Team , he is totally Out of His League!
I said it from day one, and that is ....that any Adult.....and I do mean "any" ADULT, that purposely tilts his Hat sideways on his Head......is NOT suited to be a "Head Coach" of anything, BUT ....may be a High School program or may be in a Flag Football League.
Have you heard this guy TALK......about the Team and the direction that he would like it to go in?
Have you actually bought into any of this stuff? LOL
He is totally OUT OF HIS LEAGUE!
Yes......may be the Young "First Year" players might think, that Coach "Tilt Hat", is a pretty cool guy, BUT......being COOL and having the Players think, that you are one of them......is a Formula for what they have now..........A Total Joke on the Field.
A "HEAD COACH" is NOT one of the Boys.
A "Head Coach" is NOT a Players Coach.......that is what his assistants are.
A "HEAD COACH" gets the respect from the Players by being the "BOSS"!
The "BOSS" that has the Balls to pull his Quarterback out of the game......when he is doing F... ALL!
The "BOSS" who has the Balls to FIRE his O Coach!
The "BOSS" who has the Balls to walk into the GM's Office and RIP a STRIP off of Him!
The "BOSS" who has the Balls to ADMIT......that he has No Frigging Idea as to what he is doing, as a Head Coach.
Claybrooks is the Problem, and should have his ass FIRED immediately!
The GM caused this problem, and should have his ass FIRED immediately!
Claybrooks is NOT a "Head Coach".......Not Today.....Not Next Year......and NOT for another 10 years at least.
Claybrooks needs to GROW UP first.
You are not a COOL GUY!
You are NOT one of them!
You are not their Friend.
You are their "BOSS"!
LOOK like a BOSS and act like a BOSS!
Get rid of that Stupid Immature Hat and that equally Stupid Look.
The Veteran Players, DO NOT......Respect You at all!
You are OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Posting on a site with a different screen name every week is kinda High school immature and not really fitting for someone who claims to be a district manager.
Lion Fan For Life
prospect

I had Two user names, as I originally posted from home......after one of their games, venting and ranting against this team.
So...yes.....I did have two different names, and I am sure....that many did at one time or another.
Yet....this is the one that I use.
Does that help you out and clear things up for you?
Hopefully, we can now move on to what this forum was designed for....for us Fans to question or applaud the moves on the field.
Regardless of my user name confusion, the facts are still the same.
Claybrook is not ready to be a Head Coach of any Pro Team....he just does not have it, as of yet.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

Firing a rookie HC mid season with no one experienced enough to take over other than Stubler is not any part of critical thinking.

Mike O'Shea had a shaky few seasons as a head coach and now is top notch.
Ron Lancaster had a horrible rookie HC year but went on to a coaching career that was HoF worthy....of course if you want the coach fired because of how he wears his hat (a ridiculous argument) or the colour of his skin (this seems like it might be the OP's agenda), well that is a different matter.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Again with the hat? Funny how none of the "hat" haters had anything to say about Benevides dressing like teenager hanging around the mall.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I agree firing Claybrooks now is pointless, but at the end of the season the owner and president need to evaluate things and decide if they want to renew Ed Hervey or let him go and move in a different direction. Same goes for Claybrooks. Do you fire him and eat the rest of his salary or give him another year. If Hervey is let go, then the new GM has to make that decision.

Right now, the season is lost so best to try to make the best of it and hopefully improve and win some games. No one wants a 1 and 18 season. That has not happened since 1954 when we went 1 and 15.
VictoriaFan
Starter

if we were winning every game and Claybrooke was wearing underwear on his head every one would be saying, "great winning underwear look", get over the hat thing.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I think a lot of these posters who believe a hat must only be worn straight also prefer their hats to be red with MAGA printed on it.
The_Pauser
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:27 pm
I think a lot of these posters who believe a hat must only be worn straight also prefer their hats to be red with MAGA printed on it.
Wouldn't surprise me. This is embarrassing. I like to think our fan base is more evolved than this, and for the most part we are. It just sucks to see stuff like the OP come out.
Roar you Lions roar!
DanoT
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:27 pm
^^^ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Nailed it.
RoDun
prospect

Insert "old man yells at clouds" pic, I can't post it, you'll just have to imagine it
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lion Fan For Life wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
I had Two user names, as I originally posted from home......after one of their games, venting and ranting against this team.
You should seriously consider posting with neither.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

RoDun wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm
Insert "old man yells at clouds" pic, I can't post it, you'll just have to imagine it
Lol. I was thinking something like that. The day I base my thoughts on somebody because his hat brim is 3" off centre on his forehead is the day I need to officially declare myself a grumpy old man and go buy some suspenders so I can hitch my pants up to my moobs. :wink:
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:27 am
Lion Fan For Life wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
You should seriously consider posting with neither.
^^^ Hah, Hah, Hah, where is the "Like" button?
Lion Fan For Life
prospect

So, let me get this straight.
Because I do not subscribe to your train of thought, I am not allowed to state what every other person is thinking, outside of you few?
Secondly, how does American politics enter into this discussion?
Since you brought it up, I happen to LOVE Trump and fully agree with every thing that he has done and is doing.
So yes......I have No Problem with hats at all, and happen to own my own MAGA hat.
You miss the POINT of me mentioning that Stupid Hat of his, and yes , he might as well be wearing a pair of "your own" Panties on his head, as He is NOT a WINNER!
You are right though, he could wear what ever he wants....."IF"....he was actually WINNING!
You make me Laugh, when you try to compare this guy to Lancaster or even lower down the pole to Mike O'Shea??? LOL
How about comparing him to Bill Belichick or Nick Saban?
Claybrooks will be GONE at the end of this season and so will Hervey, and when this happens, are you Experts going to come back to me and say......Geez....Sorry ..You were Right and we have no idea what we are talking about?
Some moron suggested that my Beef with Claybrooks is based on Colour?......You should have your ass kicked for even thinking such a thing.
How Pathetic an individual could you be, to even go there?
NO.....my Beef with Claybrooks is based on HIM.....not being Head Coaching material.
My Beef with Claybrooks is, he is attempting to be more known for his immature "Tilted Hat"... than he is in putting up points on the board.
My Beef with Claybrooks is, that he has actually "Think about it" and Tilt his Hat, in order to try to have a "Groovy Homey Look" for his Rookie players.
He wants to go down in the Lions History Books, as the Coach with the "TILTED HAT" !
And that is what this Coach , spends his free time thinking about......his own Unique Image....an Image that will be just HIS Trade Mark.
You are all missing the POINT!
This guy was never a Ronny Lancaster HOF type player...This guy was never a Hard Nosed Mike O'Shea type of player, so how the hell can any idiot ever compare him to those two?
Sorry if you don'y like what you hear, but your opinion holds no more weight than mine does, and last time that I checked.......This Forum is all about Debate and Discussion, whether you like what you hear or not.
I am entitled to my own views, and what I see, is some High School coach being placed in the wrong position.
This supposed Head Coach spends more time thinking up Gimmicks, like his Stupid Tilted Hat, as opposed to thinking up ways to WIN!
Take that F#@KING Hat off and start trying to Coach.
The YO YO look at me thing....is not working on your veteran players, the veteran players that are all laughing at you, behind your back.
Why would you guys......Care ......who pays his contract or if they even do?
Just FIRE this guy, and bring in Lulay to Coach.
Lulay couldn't do any worse than this guy, and at least the players would respect Lulay.
Fire Claybrooks and Make the Lions Great Again!
I am sure that the new Orange MLGA hats would be a Big Seller!
I LOVE Trump! LOL