Are We Now Officially the Worst?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:04 am
I agree we are worse than the Argos and I fully expect them to lose against Hamilton. Their defence really looks good and will feast on Reilly.

Lions have surprisingly been very quiet this week. Other than the trade on Sunday, they have made no other moves. If that is the only move Ed Hervey makes during this bye week, then no doubt the losing will continue. Seems right now, Hervey is all talk and no action about telling the players they will be replaced. No roster player has been cut.

If Masoli did not get hurt, this upcoming game would be a blowout. With Evans, likely will be close but I think the Tiger Cats defence will win it for them. Also Lions will be at David Braley's the night before having their annual team barbeque with the owner. Last year, they came out flat in the game the day after. This year who knows.
Their will be no bbq this year as reported on Sekeres show. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
BC 1988
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:19 am
Their will be no bbq this year as reported on Sekeres show. BB
http://loprestisatmaxwells.com/
is the Italian restaurant where Braley hosted the players last season. Wally mentioned that last year with Sekeres that Braley's health makes it too difficult to host the bbq at his home.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The BBQ being off is a good thing..... lol
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
David
Team Captain

Not to be a complete buzz kill, but in our last three games against the Ti-Cats, we've surrendered 120 points, or an average of 40 in each of those games.

Also, who could forget that 52-22 thrashing in 2015 on that hot, muggy afternoon at Tim Hortons field? Only PAB (Matt Dunigan's favourite, "points after beatdown" when the winning team takes its collective foot off the gas pedal), kept the score from being worse. The Steel City has not been a forgiving place these past few years.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Re: Are We Now Officially the Worst?

Pretty much a yes here.
David
Team Captain

BTW, as it's a short week, the club will be staying back east before their game in Winnipeg. I assume they will be practicing at McMaster or Guelph before their trip to the Peg.

Hopefully, this extended road trip will bring the guys together.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Does anyone know if Lions are bringing in more players than the one OL they traded for? Pretty quiet week for Hervey, which surprises me for Lions have had 2 really bad home games in a row. Everyone expected changes, but only 1 happened that we know of. By tomorrow or next day we should know from Farhan.
BC 1988
Legend

Pretty good interview by Claybrooks yesterday on the TSN morning show (better than last week). He did more than just cliches/stock phrases this time.
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1346948
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:36 am
Does anyone know if Lions are bringing in more players than the one OL they traded for? Pretty quiet week for Hervey, which surprises me for Lions have had 2 really bad home games in a row. Everyone expected changes, but only 1 happened that we know of. By tomorrow or next day we should know from Farhan.
BC Lions Recent Transactions:

August 7, 2019
Add to practice roster: WR Joey Augustin (A)
Release from practice roster: WR Marquis Bundy (A)

July 30, 2019
Acquire OL Justin Renfrow (A) from Calgary Stampeders