I'm taking time off from the site -- WestCoastJoe

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

What ever happened to Not A Homer?

Jude is his name. I met him at the Operation Orange fans trip with the Lions to Winnipeg a half dozen years ago. I then ran into him on the concourse at a Lions game a year or two later. I think it has been a few years since he posted anything.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:49 pm
What ever happened to Not A Homer?

Jude is his name. I met him at the Operation Orange fans trip with the Lions to Winnipeg a half dozen years ago. I then ran into him on the concourse at a Lions game a year or two later. I think it has been a few years since he posted anything.
If you want to know the last posting for these members, here they are:

notahomer - Jan 01, 2015
obs - May 15, 2015
Lions4ever - Dec. 20, 2018
Shi Zi Mi - May 25, 2015
LFITQ - May 12, 2016
Lionut - Aug 13, 2010
Lionheart - Oct. 31, 2016
bbgirl - Feb 21, 2008
bc49 - Oct 4, 2013
Canuck_4_Life - Mar 01, 2011
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Lloyd aka Shi Zi Mi unfortunately passed away from lung cancer prior to the 2015 Grey Cup in Winnipeg where he resided. He never smoked a day in his life. He attended the Lions' training camp in Kamloops that spring. That was the last time I saw him. I first met him, Bosco and Cromartie at the 2004 GC in Ottawa.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Hambone wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:42 pm
Lloyd aka Shi Zi Mi unfortunately passed away from lung cancer prior to the 2015 Grey Cup in Winnipeg where he resided. He never smoked a day in his life. He attended the Lions' training camp in Kamloops that spring. That was the last time I saw him. I first met him, Bosco and Cromartie at the 2004 GC in Ottawa.
I was just going to post that I think I met Shi Zi Mi the night a bunch of fans and players went out to Buck's BBQ at the Winnipeg Operation Orange. (An excellent evening, BTW). Sorry to hear of his passing.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

And Rammer aka Phil?
Wear orange or wear nothing
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I hope that if some who have taken time away read this that they might just post a quick hello to let everyone know that they are still around. Nice to know that even if they aren't posting, they are still reading.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

As someone who has been on this site a long time now, the two biggest surprises to me that stopped posting are LFITQ and Rammer. These two gentlemen made enormous contributions to the site in the early days and were prolific for many years thereafter.

It's not surprising to lose some members due to the fortunes of the club and the rise of social media (giving people more places to follow the team), but it's nice to see that we have made up for some of the losses with newer members over the past few years, like maxlion, Reggiemac, Gridiron Ernie, (and others!).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Ballistic Bob
Legend

LFITQ aka Ken's dad Tom is a water boy. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Bosco
Team Captain

DanoT wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:59 pm
Hambone wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Lloyd was one of the finest people you could ever meet..... a loyal CFL fan and just a great guy. I (along with countless other people who have been on this site for many years) fondly remember and miss him.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

On the subject of former regular posters congrats to LION82! What a fun time that was on the board.
CFL standout Clermont first Ram inducted into CW Hall of Fame
Slotback played starring role in Regina's 2000 Hardy Cup

EDMONTON – Before going on to an outstanding career in the CFL, Jason Clermont left his mark on Canada West football with the Regina Rams.
The 2001 CW Player of the Year was honoured Thursday, as the Regina native became the first Ram inducted in the conference's Hall of Fame.
Clermont played three seasons with the Rams after they made the jump from the junior ranks to Canada West beginning with the 1999 season. In 2000, Clermont helped Regina to the Hardy Cup and a berth in the Vanier Cup. He capped of his university career in 2001 by being named the conference's top player.
Following his university career, Clermont went on to play a decade in the CFL, splitting time between the BC Lions and Saskatchewan Roughriders. He was the league's top Canadian twice (2004 and 2007) and was a Grey Cup champion with BC in 2006.