Games of Week 8, August 1 - 3, 2019

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

WPG @ TOR. Winnipeg.

HAM @ SSK. Regina.

OTT @ MTL. Montreal.

EDM @ CGY. Hmmm. Tossup for me. Don't like either team, as Western rivals forever. Take Edmonton on a coin toss.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Schedule foe Week 8

Screenshot_20190728_013342.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 am
WPG @ TOR. Winnipeg.

HAM @ SSK. Regina.

OTT @ MTL. Montreal.

EDM @ CGY. Hmmm. Tossup for me. Don't like either team, as Western rivals forever. Take Edmonton on a coin toss.
BC Lions have done an exceptional job of making the Riders look like a very strong team so I am thinking that the TiCats, even with a backup QB, will bring the Riders down to earth and beat them.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:43 am
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 am
WPG @ TOR. Winnipeg.

HAM @ SSK. Regina.

OTT @ MTL. Montreal.

BC Lions have done an exceptional job of making the Riders look like a very strong team so I am thinking that the TiCats, even with a backup QB, will bring the Riders down to earth and beat them.
Could be. But the Riders look good to me, with Fajardo leading the offence, and Elimimian at linebacker. No emotional involvement for me on the game. Craig Dickenson doing better than I thought as Head Coach.

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Collaros has been traded back to Toronto.

The Argos have never been known for developing their own QBs (having picked up Ealey, Holloway, Barnes, Barrett, Austin, Dunigan, Flutie, Allen, Ray and others from other teams over the years). But in recent years they've had Collaros, Harris and Fajardo and let them get away to become starters with other teams.

May be a good move getting him back. Can he stay healthy?
maxlion
Legend

Collaros hasn't been very effective for a few years. I expected him to retire after his concussions last year. Still, he is probably an upgrade for the Argos and may play well in Chapdelaine's offense. I hope for his sake that he can avoid further head injuries.
BC 1988
Legend

I don't have a lot of confidence Collaros will survive in TOR. Sounds like SSK could not believe their good fortune that someone was willing to take him off their hands (no other team was).

To add to the QB intrigue, MTL released Brandon Bridge today--Pipkin looks to be the 2nd string behind Adams Jr there.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:30 pm
I don't have a lot of confidence Collaros will survive in TOR. Sounds like SSK could not believe their good fortune that someone was willing to take him off their hands (no other team was).

To add to the QB intrigue, MTL released Brandon Bridge today--Pipkin looks to be the 2nd string behind Adams Jr there.

TOR would be better off grabbing Bridge as he can run versus going deep and starting the young Michael O'Connor - who could have his career destroyed in the Argos debacle going on now. Bridge was able to come in SASK and run the ball when Jones took out 38 yr old starter Kevin Glenn to save him from injury when things started to break down.

Great move for the Riders as Fajardo is showing the poise, leadership and quality of play that without the Chris Jones drama should make the Riders a serious contender now.

Zach had such a promising CFL future - a star on a rising trajectory - who looked to be a future HOF QB until concussions and other injuries ruined him. That 's a shame for the CFL and the latest Simoni Lawrence hit was criminal.

But didn't Buck have that same target on him at times when they knew he had concussion issues? They seemed to target him.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/07/redb ... non-adams/
Interesting situation with the league fining but no suspension for OTT D-Lineman Tavai headshot on MTL QB Adams Jr, out with a "mild concussion".
The injury came the day after MTL released Brandon Bridge. So far, they will go with Pipkin starting and Shiltz as backup.