Lions vs. Riders July 27, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:13 pm
The BC Lions with Mike Reilly at QB will not make the playoffs this year. Saskatchewan with Cody Fajardo will.

If that’s not grounds to fire Ed Hervey immediately I don’t know what else will be.
Exactly
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

But who takes over? And what is the point. Are you going to pay another person to coach this dog's breakfast. Same with Jarious at this point. He is a waste of space but the season is already done so what is the point. Try and get what you can for players that have some value and take a shovel to the rest of this season.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
randymeeks
Legend

Well, that was a great run! Just hope that’s not the only highlight of the game for the Lions in a rout.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
SammyGreene
Team Captain

At this point cutting a couple of high priced players has to be a priority. Thanks to this on field debacle this team will be badly bleeding red ink for the rest of the season.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Is Duron Carter playing?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Are the Lions playing ?
randymeeks
Legend

Lion Guy wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:34 pm
Is Duron Carter playing?
Who’s Duron Carter? :roll:
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

187 to 45 yards net offence in the first half. Says it all
swervynmerv
Legend

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 pm
But who takes over? And what is the point. Are you going to pay another person to coach this dog's breakfast. Same with Jarious at this point. He is a waste of space but the season is already done so what is the point. Try and get what you can for players that have some value and take a shovel to the rest of this season.
For me it’s Hervey that takes the fall.

This is his team. He hired this coaching staff. He underestimated the value of some vets, overestimated the impact/readiness of other and IMHO, saddled him with Jarious as an OC.

I think Claybrooks will be a good coach, he was just saddled with too much poor talent for a rookie coach to handle.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Reilly should come out for the second half wearing a red bib.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:41 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 pm
For me it’s Hervey that takes the fall.

This is his team. He hired this coaching staff. He underestimated the value of some vets, overestimated the impact/readiness of other and IMHO, saddled him with Jarious as an OC.

I think Claybrooks will be a good coach, he was just saddled with too much poor talent for a rookie coach to handle.
Same difference. You are going to pay him for the rest of the season too and who take over in the meantime and what is the point. A new GM is suddenly going to find a team? Anybody who is worth a damn is already occupied so you might as well take your lumps keep him till the end of the season. Fire him the day after and already have a short list of preferred candidates.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Might be worth giving Lankford a shot on O. It can hardly be any worse and he might be able to stretch the field.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Must be fun starting every drive in the other teams end
swervynmerv
Legend

How much damage is he gonna do the rest of the year?

Make Geroy an interim guy and get someone else next year if that’s the right move.

The Lions have to do something. Look at that stadium. Have you ever seen a stadium so empty for a Riders visit?

The Lions have lost any “goodwill” they built up in the pre-season and to me doing nothing gives the remaining fan base the perception that losing is acceptable.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Undisciplined penalty by Coleman