Must Win Against the Riders

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

The game coming up can really determine the direction of the team. If they win still have a chance. If they lose they fall to 1 and 6 and bye coming up. If they lose I would expect Hervey to bring in some new players and maybe cut a guy or 2. Cannot go 1 and 6 and stay status quo.

The pressure will be on the Lions more than Riders to win. But can they?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I find that usually, specially when teams are not much better than each other, that back to back are mostly split.

IMO, even if the lions win, that alone will not mean anything.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I have to say that I agree with KIA. Even a split here means nothing. The problems on this team are so wide ranging and serious that a win here or there will mean little. This isn't 2011 and lightning isn't going to strike twice. At this stage, I give them really no chance at all. Even the Montreal Alouettes who fired their head coach days before the season started; playing with a QB that didn't start the season have won 3 straight. I don't think the Lions are capable of it. They would have to win 8 more games just to go 9-9. That is 8 out of the remaining 12. Just ain't gonna happen.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

It took OC Jackson the 1st two games of the season to figure out that the Lions need to run the ball, so I figure it will take Jackson 2 games to figure out that he needs to roll Reilly away from Hughes, utilize a tight end and FB for blocking. Net result will be too little too late and likely another loss.