Lions at Riders July 20, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

QB Club 63
All Star

With a bye coming up after next week, I'd be all in favour of sticking Reilly on the 1-game injured list so he'd have 2 weeks off to heal up, but since we have nobody who resembles a competent backup QB on the roster that would be futile.

When I look down the roster here's what I see:
Danny O'Brien, who has done nothing besides hold for placekickers and wave his arms around giving signals on the sidelines. Career stats: in 17 game appearances he is 61/107 for 704 YDs (avg 6.6), with 2 TDs and EIGHT INTs. :thdn:

And Grant Kraemer. <insert crickets chirping here> :bang:
David
Team Captain

randymeeks wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:51 pm
The fact Reilly was still in the game that late when the game was out of reach says a lot of just how incompetent this management and coaching staff is.
When asked on the post game, Devone said, "Mike wanted to be in there, he's a competitive guy, I couldn't take him out, blah, blah."

Who's running this ship anyway?? :roll:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
BC 1988
Legend

Claybrooks was most certainly not ready to be a head coach. He only succeeded as DC in CGY because of strong sensible management at all levels there.

Reilly is limping after the low hit, in obvious pain on the bench, and Claybrooks allows him back out there. (Because he wanted to be out there!!!)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Claybrooks stated in the post game that Reilly wanted to stay in the game so he battle with his team mates. Who exactly is the head coach of this team ?