Games of Week 6 - July 18 - 20, 2019

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Media picks

Screenshot_20190717_153447.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
swervynmerv
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 pm
If anyone takes in practice as I did this week (Monday) you'll see some overly cocky players and none of them are 89 Duron Carter.
That doesn’t sound positive. The entire Lions organization has nothing to be cocky about right now.

I said this before but I think it’s embarassing and a reflection on the state of the ENTIRE organization from Ed Hervey down that most of us are expecting a loss this weekend.

Last year if we were going into a game against Edmonton with Mike Reilly at QB and Cody Fajardo as ours what outcome would we expect?

This isn’t a comment on Mike Reilly, rather, on the team put in place around him and the apparent lack of game preparation by a rookie coaching staff.

Ed Hervey must wear most of this. He either overestimated talent, or underestimated the value of some Lions he jettisoned in the off season. Watch Arceneaux torch us for a couple of TD’s on Saturday!

Hervey also put or allowed to be put in place, a super green coaching staff. Claybrooks was my first choice. Nice to see a fresh face with new ideas; however, surrounding a first time head coach with relatively inexperienced coaches and saddling him with Jarious as OC is something Hervey must wear.

The Stampeders lost a ton of talent in the off season and are without their starting QB. They should be were we are record wise. Good organizations with good leadership find ways to win and always bring in talent (eg. Patriots) when people project they are done.

The Lions appear to be on a rudderless ship. I’ll watch the game. Hope like hell but fully expect two back to back loses and a season that is over by August.

I really hope I’m wrong.....