BC Lions vs. Edmonton July 11, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Poor punt by Bartel. Good position for the Esks to stàrt
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I guarantee this team doesn't make playoffs

I will give odds that they don't win more than 4 games.

I wouldn't bet against less than 4.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
swervynmerv
Legend

Half assed effort by Carter. Can we cut him please?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:45 pm
prj wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm
It's hard to see this team as being competitive this season. JJ looks like a candidate for wearing the thing around his neck. Changes are needed but there's no sign anybody's coming to the rescue. There are no NFL cuts for another month!

There is talent on this team. There just isn't enough of it. That's a management issue. There's too many anxious young Canadian kids who aren't up to it. Why can't we dress the best players available? That's a CFL issue and the main reason why I'm not a season ticket owner. I was, for a long time.

I wonder what's on TV tonight?
Maybe we need to shore up our scouting team or did Hervey cut that to pay for the QB? LOL
Hervey doesn't need scouts. He just follows the Eskimos on Twitter to find out who's available.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Rout is underway
yukonlion
All Star

if i hear that the team isnt "executing" ill go beserk... that was always wallys excuse...
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

swervynmerv wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 pm
Half assed effort by Carter. Can we cut him please?
That would make Hervey look like an idiot. Won't happen.
squishy35
Legend

This is a very under achieving football team...
Blitz
Team Captain

Hervey will be looking at the Eskimos practice roster after this game ever or releasing one of the very few Leo's left who have been with this team for two years or more.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
swervynmerv
Legend

This falls directly on coaching. It’s apparent that Claybrooks wasn’t ready. When you are poor at the fundamentals of football, that is a reflection on your coaches. We miss tackles, take dumb penalties and can’t run a simple play.

Calgary loses their top QB and many others and they come out and win. We couldn’t beat a high school team right now.
Fred.Fonce
Rookie

This team is built around a larger than life QB. When he consistently gets pummelled all game long, then its easy to predict the result.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

At this rate we should cut the high dollar contracts and play an all rookie squad. It couldn't look any worse.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

I miss Rainey back there on kick offs and punt returns. Another brain fart move by the Leo's.
seamack3
prospect

Larry Key wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:45 pm
prj wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm
There's too many anxious young Canadian kids who aren't up to it. Why can't we dress the best players available? That's a CFL issue and the main reason why I'm not a season ticket owner. I was, for a long time.

I wonder what's on TV tonight?
Maybe we need to shore up our scouting team or did Hervey cut that to pay for the QB? LOL
Young Canadian kids on the Eskimos are doing fine... no CFL issue at all. The issue is Hervey overpaid for his QB and the team is paying the price... not really any surprise.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

At least Claybrooks have a winning record when it comes to challenges