BC Lions vs. Edmonton July 11, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is a poorly designed and poorly coached offence. They are not using their hot routes. The Lions saw blitz, kept eight players in to block and sent three receivers 40 yards downfield. Reilly can’t be standing in the pocket that long. Sack.

The defence is doing well under the circumstances apart from their share of dumb penalties.
swervynmerv
Legend

This season is slipping away fast. Lose tonight and you are 1-4 with a home and home against the Riders. Lose both those and it’s over by Aug 1.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well perhaps a quick death is a merciful death. I guess 2011 makes you believe that turnarounds are possible but I'm not expecting lightening to expect twice and I doubt anyone else is either.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blitz
Team Captain

Our quarterback is holding the football too long. He looks like he has deer in the headlights syndrome. Oops I forgot this is 2019 and not 2018 and it's Reilly and not Jennings at quarterback. Sorry it just looks the same. It's actually even worse.
Jackson could even makeep Tom Brady look like a bum if ever given the chance.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
swervynmerv
Legend

Listening to the half time on 1040 and they mentioned that Reilly got in to it with a fan that was booing him as he left the field.

That’s purrfect🙈
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

So they run a screen but it's end of the half. WTF.

So the Kicker takes a delay of game call on a freaking kickoff. Never, ever heard of that - ever and a rash of other dumb moves.

Now we should come out with Cody Fajardo rolling out of the pocket and running - that will force the Esks to adjust and put both the RBs and the RECs in more open situations for the second half. Oh, they got rid of Fajardo for who...lol

The hit on Harris wasn't dirty but low and then on that punt no. 17 tried to take out Rutley's knees. Why not , there's no consequences..
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Judging from the crowd I guess season ticket sales have picked up as per the Lions president
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That 77 yard touchdown sums up the Lion's performance tonight
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Just announce the 50-50 now so some lucky fan can collect $900 and everyone else can head home.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Sloppy, just plain sloppy.
yukonlion
All Star

so much for the defence playing well
prj
Starter

It's hard to see this team as being competitive this season. JJ looks like a candidate for wearing the thing around his neck. Changes are needed but there's no sign anybody's coming to the rescue. There are no NFL cuts for another month!

There is talent on this team. There just isn't enough of it. That's a management issue. There's too many anxious young Canadian kids who aren't up to it. Why can't we dress the best players available? That's a CFL issue and the main reason why I'm not a season ticket owner. I was, for a long time.

I wonder what's on TV tonight?
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Screen play executed perfectly. Why can"t we do that? LOL
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am not enjoying this game
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

prj wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 pm
It's hard to see this team as being competitive this season. JJ looks like a candidate for wearing the thing around his neck. Changes are needed but there's no sign anybody's coming to the rescue. There are no NFL cuts for another month!

There is talent on this team. There just isn't enough of it. That's a management issue. There's too many anxious young Canadian kids who aren't up to it. Why can't we dress the best players available? That's a CFL issue and the main reason why I'm not a season ticket owner. I was, for a long time.

I wonder what's on TV tonight?
Maybe we need to shore up our scouting team or did Hervey cut that to pay for the QB? LOL