TSN CFL Fantasy!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Foxhound
Starter

Well there's one last week to attempt to claw my way from #19 into the top ten. I've therefore held my nose and made the picks I had to make.

:popcorn:
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

Once the Lions were eliminated from post season play, I stopped playing CFL Fantasy.
Foxhound
Starter

So three sub-par weeks in a row at the end of the season dropped me down from #13 overall to #23 out of 16,488 participants. While my late season slide knocked me down to second or third in several major sub-leagues, I still managed to keep my grip on top spot in a number of large sub-leagues including these:

2017 CFL Fantasy (39 participants)
Eskimo Empire Podcast (70)
Ol' Spaghetti Legs (6)
The Angry Birds (180)
The Den (285)
Ticat Fans (318 )
TSN 1040 Vancouver (197)

I know I should be very pleased, but still I was within 43.4 points of a top five finish! Had I avoided blundering with a couple of picks in any of the final three weeks including last week I could have got it done! But my crystal ball wasn't good enough and I didn't get it done.

So I'm still racked with "would of, should of, could of" thoughts. Just goes to prove that a fellow is never satisfied. Some say that's a good thing but....

:bang:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So who's playing CFL Fantasy again this year?

:popcorn:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Here are links to CFL Fantasy Leagues I started to honour a couple of legendary BC Lions:

Ol' Spaghetti Legs

The Wisp!

Here's a league for CFL fans of Baltic heritage:

Balticboys

And one for those with some connection to London, Ontario:

London Lords

New members are very welcome!

:mac:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Interesting that there's been a determined promotional push for the Pick'Em game on the CFL site this year but relatively little for Fantasy. Back in 2017-18 TSN and CFL promoted Fantasy quite heavily but this year it's Pick'Em that's gotten the push.

:sigh:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

God damn it all to hell! All the talk this week was about Nathan Rourke starting. And just yesterday morning the Lions posted a depth chart with Rourke as the starter. I'm now furious at both the Lions and the fact that I dozed off in the armchair and turned on the radio too late to modify my roster. I only learned of the switch at 6:27 Vancouver time and I didn't want to make changes for fear I'd be shut out and left with a blank spot or even two in my roster. And I was so hoping that all my disastrous picks this year would be due to decision making mistakes instead of some foul up. DAMN!!!

:sigh:
Last edited by Foxhound on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

Poor you!!! Actually, I did the same thing but did not hear about the switch until after the game started..... so I got 0 for that position..... and to make matters worse, I chose Rhymes for all of 1.9 points on his one catch.....

I guess they don't play the games for my fantasy point totals....
Foxhound
Starter

Points have really been at a premium this year. It took 100 points to have an excellent week in 2019; this year 85 will do.

:juggle:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Bloody hell!

So here I was with 101.2 Fantasy points just 24.3 behind the leader going into tomorrow's games. But!!! I still had all six of my players and the Argonauts defence in action which I believed left it quite possible for me to emerge as #1 for the week since the Fantasy participants ahead of me didn't have as many players as I did still in action.

And then late this morning coach Paul LaPolice of the Ottawa RedBlacks decided not to play Kenny Stafford tomorrow against the Alouettes despite Stafford catching three passes for 75 yards against the Argonauts on Wednesday.

Damn! Talk about a hard body blow to my hopes.

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So with two weeks to go in the regular season I stand at #9 in Fantasy overall out of 9497 participants.

The problem now of course is moving up further since the Fantasy participants way high up in the overall standings are all very shrewd indeed. With three weeks to go last year I was #13 but dropped down to #23 by the end of the season. We'll see if I can move up instead of down this year.

:juggle:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Scream! I dropped James Butler from my Fantasy roster early this evening because I wanted to free up some cap space in order to trade up for Shaq Evans of the Roughriders. Well James Butler finally had a great game and racked up far and away his best total of the season with 23.2 Fantasy points. I just feel sick and deflated right now. Damn!

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So the 2022 season is about to kick off! Who's going to be playing CFL Fantasy again this year?

:cool:
Radically Canadian!
Alputt
Champion

I will be… had no picks in the MTL vs CAL game though.

(Stanback injury will screw a lot of people I bet)
Foxhound
Starter

Just two games in and there have already been three injuries causing big stars to limp out from games early - William Stanback and Bo Levi Mitchell on Thursday and Zach Collaros yesterday.

:dizzy:
Radically Canadian!