TSN CFL Fantasy!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Foxhound
Starter

So does anyone on this board play TSN CFL Fantasy?

https://cflfantasy.tsn.ca/app/roster/edit

:popcorn:
Radically Canadian!
yukonlion
All Star

yes
Dusty
Champion

Yes
Foxhound
Starter

I did really well in CFL Fantasy in Week 3:

Andrew Harris was my "dud" pick.

Repeating it however will be a tough act....

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

I am absolutely bloody livid today! I spent $11,060, the price of a very good QB, on two positions and I emerged with -1 points yesterday evening! Mathematically there was no way I could have made two worse picks! And of course I briefly considered William Stanback (43.9 points yesterday) whom I rather like for my lineup but logically Sean Thomas-Erlington made far more sense at basically the same price....

I'm so angry and frustrated I almost stormed City Hall this morning!

:bang:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Still almost shamefully low participation in a couple of the Leagues I started in honour of certain all-time greats:

Ol' Spaghetti Legs (for fans of Jackie Parker)

The Wisp! (for fans of Willie Fleming)

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

How many of you Fantasy participants often play without a Defence?

Last edited by Foxhound on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

Most of the time I'm without a Defence..... and a second RB.
Foxhound
Starter

Under what name do you play?

Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

Foxhound wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:17 am
Under what name do you play?

Same name as here, but you don't want to go anywhere near me.... I am in 8931'st place.... although I did miss week #1... If I had played that week, I likely would be in 8930'th place .....lol....
Foxhound
Starter

So once again I was fuming and frustrated after the games were played this past weekend and the counting was done.

On Thursday I had made a last day adjustment dropping the Montréal Alouettes Defence and Lucky Whitehead in order to pick up the Winnipeg Blue Bombers Defence and Kenny Lawler. Well what I had would have yielded 8+10=18 points while that to which I switched yielded 3+3.9=6.9 points. Therefore I cost myself 11.1 points with the switch.

Then Qwan Bray appeared to catch a 29 yard TD pass in the third quarter of the Als' game against the RedBlacks and I was celebrating! That would have been 9.9 points for my Qwan Bray and another 5.1 for my Vernon Adams Jr. but the play was ruled an incomplete pass by the command center. So 15 points evaporated from my score. And then Vernon Adams Jr. who had gotten me 17.3 points to that time was injured on the subsequent play which would not even have occurred had the previous play not been called back!

So in the end I ended up with a barely adequate total of 92.1 points.

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So Montréal was the scene of yet another disaster for me over the weekend. I had both Roughriders' QB Cody Fajardo and WR Kyran Moore who had done alright for me to that point when the game was called due to lightning with 2:41 left to play in the third quarter. Extrapolating their performance to that point, the truncation of the game cost me 8.5 or so points although I suspect that it probably cost me many more.

In any event, I didn't have any of the big stars for the week, e.g. C.J. Gable, Bryan Burnham, John White, etc. In fact instead of Burnham and White I had the Tiger-Cat duo of Braley Addison and Cameron Marshall with their underwhelming point totals.

So all in all I ended up 67.7 points which was far and away my worst total of the season. Had the game in Montréal been played out, I think I had a good chance of ending up with a respectable total of over 80 points.

I'm still seething with frustration.

Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

I slid by you for the week with a 70.3 score. I also had Fajardo along with Powell and a bunch of 3-8 point scorer. I've stuck with Burnham all season, and he accounted for almost 50% of my weekly total.

I'm like the Leo's..... I'm so far back it would take a miracle to get to even a "respectable" position. at season's end...
Foxhound
Starter

Well it's not too late to join these Fantasy sub-Leagues I've created to honour various British Columbia Lion and CFL greats?

The Wisp!

Ol' Spaghetti Legs

China Clippers

And you don't have to be a cracker jack Fantasy player to participate in the above Leagues! They feature all levels of Fantasy players. You simply need to be a fan of those select Hall of Famers.

:rockin:
Last edited by Foxhound on Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So I stumbled out of the gate last week with a pathetic 9.9 points for my total investment of $13,480 in Andrew Harris and Kenny Lawler on Thursday evening. Meanwhile the Blue Bomber Defence which I didn't have notched 22 points. Friday's game between the Eskimos and the Argonauts left me in yet deeper gloom as the much vaunted Eskimo Defence which I had netted me a whopping 4 points while I had neither of the two best picks, Trevor Harris with his 42.1 points or Greg Ellingson with his 39 points.

The rest of my picks were actually quite good though. And late Saturday my $6054 investment in Nick Arbuckle turned into a whopping 31.6 points!

So after a woeful start I ended up breaking 100 which was my second best week this year!

:rockin:
Radically Canadian!