TSN CFL Fantasy!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

Worst week of the year for me... Bryan Burnham was my leading scorer at 8.6 points....
Dusty
Champion

I'm going all in on the Lions for the remainder of the Fantasy season. Reilly will be my QB with White/Burnham/Cottoy/Lankford rounding out the players. The variable will be whatever team looks best as Defense according to the weekly matchups and depending how D shakes down, Durant may move up to replace Cottoy. Injuries will also be a variable.

This next 1/2 season will vault me into the upper levels of CFL Fantasy Football!!!!
Foxhound
Starter

Dusty wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm
I'm going all in on the Lions for the remainder of the Fantasy season.

This next 1/2 season will vault me into the upper levels of CFL Fantasy Football!!!!
Excellent!

:rockin:

But we're not going to be able to track your march up the standings when you're currently mired way down in the standings among many thousands. You need to join a Fantasy sub-League with a manageable number of participants of say fifty or less.

:juggle:
Last edited by Foxhound on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

Each and every week my most basic underlying objective is to get double digit production from each and every pick. It's very tough to do though and I think I've managed that trick only once in the past three years earlier this season. Well I came awfully close again this past week:

John White IV was going like gang busters with 53 yards on four carries and one reception for 23 yards, but didn't make it to the end of the first quarter. He limped off with an injury after being tackled and never made it back.

Oh well. Try, try, again!

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

I made a monumental gaffe yesterday. I lost track of the time and didn't check the Depth Charts for the two Labour Day games until just minutes before 3:00 PM. I was then appalled to discover that the two players with which I'd filled my RB slots, Branden Burks and Cameron Marshall, would not be playing. I quickly deleted them and decided to move Johnny Augustine from my FLEX pick to a RB pick so I'd have more flexibility when it came to refilling my FLEX slot. But like I say, I'd lost track of the time. The TSN Fantasy program allowed me to delete Johnny Augustine but in the five to ten seconds it took me to click his name into a RB slot, the clock hit 3:00 PM and I was frozen from re-adding Johnny Augustine's name!

Augustine ended up getting 14.5 Fantasy points.

So to make a long story short, after the Three Stooges technical blunders I pulled with my Fantasy lineup just prior to the game in Regina yesterday, I now really need Trevor Harris to put on an air show versus the Stampeders on today. I need 35 points in total from the RB and WR I ended up having to pick because of my blunder or I'll have lost out and thus be contemplating flinging myself from my front porch onto the garden below.

:bang:
Last edited by Foxhound on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

I've been there.... Usually I know who is playing on the Lions, but keeping track of the the other teams injury report can be a problem. After I deleted Cameron Marshall, I had to figure out who the Ticats had as a runner. I've gone all in on Hamilton this week which means that Argo's will likely put everything together and score 40-50 points....
Foxhound
Starter

Dusty wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:15 am
I've been there.... Usually I know who is playing on the Lions, but keeping track of the the other teams injury report can be a problem. After I deleted Cameron Marshall, I had to figure out who the Ticats had as a runner. .
What I found super annoying though is that there was no previous indication that either Branden Burks or Cameron Marshall were injured and they'd both played so well the previous week that there was no question in my mind about them being the starters for their respective teams on Labour Day. It was Johnny Augustine about whom I'd been wondering earlier in the week. But because I fell asleep on the Depth Charts and then bungled Johnny Augustine right out of my lineup at game time, I ended up with Anthony Coombs and Ricky Collins who got me a grand total of 13.3 Fantasy points. The Johnny Augustine and Shaquille Evans picks I would have had in place of those would have yielded 34.6 points. My Three Stooges Act therefore cost me 21.3 points.

Worse yet every single game went against my teams.

I've been almost too beaten down since Monday to make this week's Fantasy picks.
Dusty wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:15 am
I've gone all in on Hamilton this week which means that Argo's will likely put everything together and score 40-50 points....
Well then hopefully you had Derel Walker and his 41.3 points and the Argo Defence!

:rockin:
Last edited by Foxhound on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radically Canadian!
Dusty
Champion

I'm back on the Lions Fantasy bandwagon with 4 of my 6 picks. My non Leo choices are Walker as Flex and Rainy as a second running back , as I'm hoping that Ottawa will be punting a lot.
Foxhound
Starter

Best of luck! I think Brandon Rutley in particular is a steal at $4464.

:beauty:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

So I've managed to claw my way to the top of the 281 participant Den league and the 193 participant TSN 1040 Vancouver league. The trick now will be to stay there and there's no guaranty of that.

Radically Canadian!
don corleone
Starter

Greetings all,

Nice to see things up from where they were. Bombers for one were lucky to play the Lions twice early. Not sure who wins if they were playing today.

Working on my fantasy lineup and wondering if Toppy Van thinks Duron Carter would be a good choice playing Toronto. Have been a fan of the open minded approach to DC all year.

His price / upside is very intriguing to me although it hasn't actually paid that well so far. Better lately. Could also go for Lamar Durant as an alternative but need to jostle if I do. Already settled on John White and the BC D for this one given Toronto's woes and James Franklin starting. Thinking Reilly will have time to do his thing as well.

Things are getting ugly fast in Winnipeg. Hate to see what happens if they lose this week. Ed Hervey only wishes he had six years to get this CFL thing worked out. Lots of "time for a change" talk going on.

Thanks in advance to anyone so inclined to help me out with my picks and good luck and best wishes for whatever lies ahead with the Lions. Would love to see them reincarnated as a community owned team. Chamber of Commerce could help with that.
David
Team Captain

don corleone wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:37 am
Greetings all,

Nice to see things up from where they were. Bombers for one were lucky to play the Lions twice early. Not sure who wins if they were playing today.

Working on my fantasy lineup and wondering if Toppy Van thinks Duron Carter would be a good choice playing Toronto. Have been a fan of the open minded approach to DC all year.

His price / upside is very intriguing to me although it hasn't actually paid that well so far. Better lately. Could also go for Lamar Durant as an alternative but need to jostle if I do. Already settled on John White and the BC D for this one given Toronto's woes and James Franklin starting. Thinking Reilly will have time to do his thing as well.

Things are getting ugly fast in Winnipeg. Hate to see what happens if they lose this week. Ed Hervey only wishes he had six years to get this CFL thing worked out. Lots of "time for a change" talk going on.

Thanks in advance to anyone so inclined to help me out with my picks and good luck and best wishes for whatever lies ahead with the Lions. Would love to see them reincarnated as a community owned team. Chamber of Commerce could help with that.

Hey Don. Not sure on Toppy's thoughts on Duron but I think we've seen his ceiling here in B.C. He's not Reilly's primary target most of the time. He had a stronger game last week with 7 catches but most were for minimal gain (longest was 15 yards) as has been the standard this season. We keep waiting for that break-out game where he gets incorporated more into the intermediate and deep passing game, but it just doesn't seem to be.

Lamar Durant is a better pick (but may cost you more). He's just coming off a 107-yard outing against Montreal and is feeling really confident. He's been mentioned as a CFL "Canadian Player of the Year" finalist. Shaq Johnson, another talented National, may have a strong game too at the field side wideout spot against a weaker Argo secondary.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
don corleone
Starter

Thanks David. My compliments on the scouting report. Decided middle of the fairway with Durant was the safer play and agree the way DC is being used is limiting his value. Hervey says its there though. Edmonton losing makes it big. Expecting a good game and remain hopeful that the Lions roar tonight. Enjoy the game.
Foxhound
Starter

Well I've made it to #17 overall with four weeks to go.

:mac:

I'm confident of nothing though from here on to the end of the season. Every week I'm racked with doubts.

Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

don corleone wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:32 am
Thanks David. My compliments on the scouting report. Decided middle of the fairway with Durant was the safer play and agree the way DC is being used is limiting his value.
I also thought Lemar Durant offered the best return potential from among the Lions' receivers last week and picked him for my Fantasy lineup. Boy, did I come to rue that selection, especially considering the Fantasy points I could have had by picking any of the other Lions' receivers!

Brian Burnham - 40.5
Duron Carter - 22.0
Shaquille Johnson - 9.1
Lemar Durant - 1.1

Radically Canadian!