OH Reilly...sigh

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Calgary is paying similar money for BLM, but they already had depth. If you recall in 2018 the Stamps suffered an endless parade of injuries, including their entire receiving corps., and yet Huffnagel always had someone who could step up and fill in. Huff & Dickenson spent years building that team, including developing BLM from raw rookie to league MVP.

Meanwhile, BC has Mike Reilly and not much else. We are in year two of the purge by Ed(monton) Hervey to get rid of nearly everyone who could be considered one of "Wally's guys" and replace them with any warm body that had so much as a cup of coffee in "the city of champions".
That's true. I was more referring to Calgary losing other star players like Micah Johnson, Davaris Daniels, and even Lemar Durant. And I'm not sure if they have the cap space to pay Alex Singleton if he doesn't catch on in the NFL. But you are correct in that their recruitment has been top notch that they've been able to offset those losses with cheaper guys.

Hervey has spent a lot of money on free agents, and that's because we haven't been able to recruit our own talent. We are purging the old guard, but are the replacements any better?
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Cutting Reilly simply to get out from under the contract would basically tell any and all future free agents to avoid BC at all costs because the GM cannot be trusted to live up to any commitments. Right now this team's problems run right through both sides of the ball. OL is a problem. So is offensive scheme and play calling. Defensively opposing QBs can pack a lunch and eat a sandwich before they have to get rid of the ball. Where are they at now?7 sacks and holding after 7 games? That's beyond abysmal.
Last edited by Hambone on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
RoDun
prospect

Do we even have another QB?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

so, according to this

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/29/quarterba ... -time-now/

MR is still as high as 4th in the league. I wonder what they base it on. Previous years?

I would not have him any higher than 6th at the moment, and it pains me greatly to say so
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm
so, according to this

MR is still as high as 4th in the league. I wonder what they base it on. Previous years?

I would not have him any higher than 6th at the moment, and it pains me greatly to say so
I think they are factoring in QB skill set and past history otherwise the ranking would pretty much be based on team standings.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

KnowItAll wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm
so, according to this

Put Reilly on any team with a line and he would be number one. Put any other QB in the league with our line and they would be last. That is the rational I am assuming.
David
Team Captain

RoDun wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm
Do we even have another QB?
Yes, Danny O'Brien (who backed up Reilly in Edmonton). He's number 2. He played garbage time last Saturday.

Number 3 is a prospect from Drake named Grant Kraemer. Looked really good in the last preseason game. Small sample but he did move the offence.

Neither have much pro experience (Kraemer none) so we're hoping Mike stays upright.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar