2019 CFL Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:30 pm
Was Suitor too cool for school to join his 89 teammates. He could of subbed out of the press box. I'm beginning to think hes a snob. BB
BB that was my sentiments exactly.... AND in my view I very much doubt TSN said no to him for wanting to join his team mates. Secondly he couldn't wait to get them out of the booth saying something like losing control and getting back to work. I've seen other teams in the booth (Argos and Joe Theismann and Doug Flutie on other occasions) and they didn't get booted out.

I'm trying to recall when Dunigan was part of some team reunion and he was able to be on the field.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Entertaining game underway between Hamilton and Edmonton. Hamilton got off to a 24-0 lead. Edmonton has clawed back to tie the game 24-24 in the 4th quarter
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton wins 30-27 on a 34 yard field goal with 11 seconds remaining. Edmonton have now lost 4 in a row
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Thrilling game. The winning field goal bounced off the upright and in as time expired.

The Lions can move within three wins of Edmonton with a victory this weekend. Those blown leads earlier in the season likely cost the Lions a good chance at a playoff position.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Thrilling game. The winning field goal bounced off the upright and in as time expired.

The Lions can move within three wins of Edmonton with a victory this weekend. Those blown leads earlier in the season likely cost the Lions a good chance at a playoff position.
The Esks remain winless against the half of the CFL that is not the 3 teams BC is in the midst of playing or teams wearing orange.

They are 4-1 versus Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa, 2-0 versus BC and 0-6 against the rest of the league. With BC having games in Ottawa and at home to Montreal and Toronto while Edmonton does an eastern swing to Ottawa and Hamilton it is not out of the realm of possibilities that when BC goes to Edmonton on Thanksgiving they will be 5-10 and on a roll while the Esks are 7-8 and stumbling having won only one of their previous six. Odds of BC making the playoffs remain somewhere between wafer thin and none but it would be great if they were to go into Edmonton with there still being something riding on the outcome.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Strange game. Edmonton was dead to rights when Liram tried - and missed - that 48-yard field goal that was returned all the way to the red zone of Hamilton. Touchdown followed and then it was game on.

Give the Esks credit. They showed life. I think Hamilton likely came out of the half thinking the game was in the bag and took their foot off the pedal. Just sucks that we blew that game in Hamilton.

If we beat Ottawa tomorrow, then I can see us ranked #7 as the Argos did not look good.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Paul LaPolice has opened up the Winnipeg playbook against Montreal to feature the strengths of Chris Streveler and Andrew Harris. The Bombers have scored TDs on their first four possessions, three of them by Streveler, and Harris has 133 yards of offence in the first 25 minutes. The Bombers have added a defensive TD to lead the Alouettes 34-10 with four minutes left in the first half.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Montreal outscored Winnipeg 21-0 in the fourth quarter to win 38-37. The winning TD came with six seconds left. Vernon Adams passed for 488 yards, with more than half of that total in the fourth quarter.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Biggest comeback in Al's history
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I foolishly gave up on the MTL-WPG game thinking it was going to be a real blow out and took the dog out only to come to see the terrific comeback. Adams getting into it with Bighill unnecessarily was a bit of a shocker and to see Khari Jones come out on the field will send him a message. Stegall suggested that Khari will tell Adams that you don't do that as a QB.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Matt Nichols underwent shoulder surgery and will be out for the season.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Matt Nichols underwent shoulder surgery and will be out for the season.

That's a game changing event. Streveler has a good future but maybe this is too soon to expect him to carry the team. He looks great in stretches when they use him to change things up when Nichols was there.
BC 1988
Legend

CGY 's GC aspirations just got a big boost with Nichols gone. In the East, HAM has managed to keep winning with Evans at QB, but maybe not as dominant as they could have been with Masoli.
BC 1988
Legend

https://3downnation.com/2019/09/27/eski ... ured-list/
Trevor Harris has been placed on the 6 game injured list. Too bad BC frittered away the games they should have won this season (at least 3 of them). EDM is in bad shape now.
maxlion
Legend

BC 1988 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:22 am
https://3downnation.com/2019/09/27/eski ... ured-list/
Trevor Harris has been placed on the 6 game injured list. Too bad BC frittered away the games they should have won this season (at least 3 of them). EDM is in bad shape now.
BC's playoff chances just went from being a pipe dream to being a highly unlikely possibility. Things are looking up!