2019 CFL Season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:48 pm
B.C.FAN wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:36 pm
Great see-saw game under way in Winnipeg between the Bombers and Stamps. Calgary leads 20-19 in the third quarter after the Bombers returned a missed Calgary convert attempt for 2 points.
I've heard of that rule but never actually heard of it happening. How often does it happen? And it's a long way to run for two points.
I love that rule now that they kick point after from the 32 yard line.

Duron Carter scored like that:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alaba ... -cfl-game/

Some great games lately but that hit on Collaros as his going down in the 1st half that Stamps - bombers game better end up with a suspension for the hit (no penalty either).
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Another great game between Saskatchewan and Edmonton to wind up Week 20, with Brett Lauther hitting a last-play field goal to give the Riders a 27-24 win.

The Lions have an opportunity to play spoiler next weekend against Calgary. The Stamps can finish anywhere from first to third in the West. Regardless of what happens in the Edmonton-Saskatchewan rematch, a B.C. victory over Calgary would relegate the Stamps to third place behind Winnipeg, which holds the tiebreaker over the Stamps. You can bet the Stamps will be playing all their starters for as long as necessary.

Here are the updated playoff scenarios:
https://www.cfl.ca/2019/10/26/updated-p ... t-can-won/
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Yeah, I was reading that same article, re the playoff scenarios, and understand things the same as you, B.C.FAN, yet in the linked-to article they state (and I quote -- their final bullet point under "West" scenarios) "Calgary loss AND Saskatchewan loss = Saskatchewan finishes in first place and hosts Western Final. Calgary will host Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final." Makes zero sense to me. An error in logic or just a typo perhaps?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 pm
Yeah, I was reading that same article, re the playoff scenarios, and understand things the same as you, B.C.FAN, yet in the linked-to article they state (and I quote -- their final bullet point under "West" scenarios) "Calgary loss AND Saskatchewan loss = Saskatchewan finishes in first place and hosts Western Final. Calgary will host Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final." Makes zero sense to me. An error in logic or just a typo perhaps?
Yes, that cfl.ca scenario is wrong. I think it was written before the Riders beat the Esks. In a 3-way tie Calgary would have finished second but that scenario no longer exists.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The cfl.ca playoff scenarios linked above have now been corrected. Calgary would finish first or second in the West with a win against B.C. and would finish third with a loss. If Calgary ties B.C. on Saturday, Calgary finishes second.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Nicely clarified scenarios, thanks. I'm liking this season's-end situation -- I'd very much like to see the Lions finish up with a victory of course, and it's a big bonus that, should that play out, it would see the Stamps be the road team in the playoffs for a change. (Of course, if they make it past their West Division rivals, they'd be "home" for the Calgary-hosted Grey Cup.)

This year there's enough ex-Leos I admire in both the Bombers and the Riders organizations to enthusiastically cheer them on without reservation since we're out of the picture. In Winnipeg I'll be happy for any success the likes of Andrew Harris, Biggie, and Buck Pierce, etc. see. And in Regina I'd be happy too for seeing Sol E., Manny, and Fajardo go far. I know it's small-minded of me, but I always like to see Bo Levi and Dave D. aggrieved and in distress, throwing up their hands, red in the face and complaining to no avail! That's always a bonus.