2019 New Era Jerseys

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bosco
Team Captain

Popped into the Lions office after Tuesday's practice, and the "unofficial" word is that the ETA for the corrected New Era replica jerseys is July 27, when the Riders come into town.

It's good to see that all parties are working to correct their marketing gaff, but really....just a terrible start to the CFL / New Era contract. Somewhere along the line, the concept of the word "replica" was lost and as usual, the fans are the ones who are shortchanged. :thdn:
dtrain
Starter

Watching Als Esks last night, appreciated the clean & simple design of both jerseys. Feel like the Lions new jerseys are getting too busy.
BC 1988
Legend

dtrain wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:33 am
Watching Als Esks last night, appreciated the clean & simple design of both jerseys. Feel like the Lions new jerseys are getting too busy.
Fully agree--I love the new MTL roads and the EDM home last night were just like their classic '70s.

Of what I've seen of the New Era, the TOR tweak of removing the classic "double blue" stripes from the arms was a mistake (as some have said, they just made a shirt instead of a jersey), but they have improved the numbers/jersey colour combo--gets the "double blue" across that way instead.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Initial impression of the Alouettes' road unis resembles the Houston Texans
CardiacKid
Legend

The “Nothing Rhymes With Orange” campaign is now on a t-shirt that will be sold at tonight’s fame. There will be a selection of the different players available.
Definitely think I will pick one up....
dtrain
Starter

I saw some of the 'first version' New Era jerseys at a SportChek yesterday, while the only noticeable template difference is the shoulder logos, I will say that the quality of the fabric appears to be an improvement, a higher quality mesh material for the main body, it had a nice feel to it, definitely an improvement on the Adidas versions, as they were also there and I was able to compare side by side.
David
Team Captain

The away unis look amazing. Finally (after years of tinkering)! A massive improvement. :thup:

The last decent away uniform was back in the 1990's when we wore silver helmets.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MacNews
Team Captain

I don't know why teams have to constantly change their uniforms, seems like CFL has been switching styles every 2-3 years lately.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:07 pm
I don't know why teams have to constantly change their uniforms, seems like CFL has been switching styles every 2-3 years lately.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
dtrain
Starter

Been playing with some ideas for Leos unis, something that simplifies this current New Era jersey, I find the detailing too busy.
I've taken numbers and arm stripes from 80's look, added similar striping to socks. Two options on pant colours: 60's black pants, or 70s grey pants.
Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

dtrain wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:19 am
Been playing with some ideas for Leos unis, something that simplifies this current New Era jersey, I find the detailing too busy.
I've taken numbers and arm stripes from 80's look, added similar striping to socks. Two options on pant colours: 60's black pants, or 70s grey pants.
Any thoughts?
I love the bottom design with the black pants.

The New Era jerseys are too busy and the nameplate is too hard to read. I’ll wait for the next revision before I buy anything.
mrsjoesmith30
prospect

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and am not familiar with posting a new topic. I apologize for not creating a new topic. May I ask how I can contact an administrator? I was unable to send a private message, even while I was logged in my account. I can be reached via email at jsmith.surprise40@gmail.com.

I sincerely appreciate your assistance.

Best,
Andrea Smith
Foxhound
Starter

Bosco wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:24 pm
Popped into the Lions office after Tuesday's practice, and the "unofficial" word is that the ETA for the corrected New Era replica jerseys is July 27, when the Riders come into town.

It's good to see that all parties are working to correct their marketing gaff, but really....just a terrible start to the CFL / New Era contract. Somewhere along the line, the concept of the word "replica" was lost and as usual, the fans are the ones who are shortchanged. :thdn:
What correction needed to be made to the previously released New Era replica jerseys?

:popcorn:
Radically Canadian!
Foxhound
Starter

The jersey the Lions wore circa 2014 was the best they've had in recent years:

:mac:
Radically Canadian!
BC 1988
Legend

Foxhound wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:09 pm
Bosco wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:24 pm

What correction needed to be made to the previously released New Era replica jerseys?

:popcorn:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29492&start=90
and the Twitter post that illustrates the issue--the first New Era were basically the same as last years adidas--with just the New Era brand slapped on it. Several other teams had the same issue--OTT was the first one to own up to it, and not put them on the shelves.