CFL Pool

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Kamloops Lion
All Star

Greetings three-down football fans:
I have run a pick 'em pool for the past five years. This will be the sixth.
Last year, we had 16 players and I thought I'd open it up to anyone else interested.
It is run out of Kamloops, where I live and work (at Kamloops This Week newspaper).
The following is the details. Feel free to email me at cjfoulds@gmail.com to enter or if you have any questions. Deadline to enter is this Thursday at 3 p.m., just before the first game of the season kicks off.
Cheers;
Chris

Welcome to the 2019 edition of the KTW CFL Pool.
We will be following last season's format:
• $40 buy-in for entire season (that works out to exactly $2 per week of CFL action)
• Each weekly winner will get $10 added to his end-of-year payout. With 21 weeks of picking, that means $210 of total pot goes to weekly winners.
• The remainder of the pot will go to year-end prizes, based on cumulative score, with payout down to third or fourth or place, depending on how many entries we have.
• Separate playoff pool can be arranged, but will not be part of this core pool. I can run that and we can do a winner take all, but it will be separate from this.
As usual, weekly picks will be made straight up, NOT against the spread, with us using the 4-3-2-1 scoring system. Each week, the schedule will be emailed and you choose the winners, ranking each pick from most confident (4) to least confident (1).
Points accumulated each week will be calculated cumulatively, with the final standings determining prize payout. A purrfect week of picking will give you 11 points (all 10, plus a bonus point).
Because we will reward weekly winners with $10, the final game of each week will include two tiebreakers: total points and, if necessary, total yards. If two people tie in pick points for the week, the tie is broken by their total points predictions. If by chance they are still tied, we go to total yards. If by some miracle they remain tied, they split the week’s $10 prize.
Last year, we had 16 players. I am emailing to those 16 and to a few others. Please spread the word. More the merrier.

As always, please send your picks by the deadline specified to my personal email: cjfoulds@gmail.com.
As usual, please send payment via etransfer to cjfoulds@gmail.com or by mail to: Christopher Foulds, 1365B Dalhousie Dr., Kamloops, V2C 5P6.
Without further ado, here is the 2019 Week 1 schedule:
Deadline for Week 1 picks is Thursday, June 13 at 3 p.m.

WEEK 1:
Thursday, June 13: Saskatchewan @ Hamilton, 4:30 p.m.
Friday, June 14: Montreal @ Edmonton, 6 p.m.
Saturday, June 15: Ottawa @ Calgary, 4 p.m.
Saturday, June 15: Winnipeg @ BC, 7 p.m. (include total points and total yards for this game only)
Bye: Toronto
Picks must be received by Thursday, June 13, at 3 p.m.

PAST RESULTS FROM KTW CFL POOL:

2018:
Champion: Sandy Baldwin
Runner-up: Don Demanchuk
Third: Kevin Mitchell
Fourth: John Keen and John Cato

2017:
Champion: Kevin Mitchell
Runner-up: John Cato
Third: Jon Keen

2016:
Champion: Doug Greenwood