What podcasts do folks listen to?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

The 2019 season is fast approaching (or stuck in limbo depending on your viewpoint). And I am starting to think about where to get my Lions and league news.

With LU getting turfed by TSN, I am thinking I will need to start checking in with other sources, including podcasts. I have never bothered with podcasts of any type in the past as I expect the quality will be just totally random and all over the map.

But with the slow demise of print coverage and other sources seemingly going down the same path. high time to incorporate something else. So which variety of podcast to listen to? The official team or league variety or a fan-based one?

Can anybody recommend one? Does anyone listen to the BCLionsDen pawdcast?
David
Team Captain

My podcast listening is purely guest or topic-driven as I don't tend to have the time to listen to complete ones.

As for news, Twitter is probably my main source of Lions news. I do subscribe to both dailies but as you point out, coverage has been severely cut due to the demise of newspapers.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

When it comes to regularly scheduled ones I listen to none whatsoever. Where I have listened to them in the past it would be a repeat of a TSN1040 show at times when corporate firewalls won't allow listening to live streaming. I found while I couldn't live stream those firewalls didn't block the podcasts posted later. Kind of like getting the broadcast on a tape delay basis. I'd only listen while working. I'd never bother listening from home.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I don't listen to podcasts and rarely listen to radio or TV other than live game broadcasts and the weekly Lions radio show during the season. Twitter is my main CFL news source. I follow official league and team sources and many media sources and players. It gives me access to just about everything written about the league. Two excellent sources that are generally only available by subscription are Dan Barnes of Postmedia, whose columns, previews and predictions appear in The Province print edition during the season but not online, and Kirk Penton of The Athletic (formerly of Postmedia), whose insider gossip is always fascinating.
CardiacKid
Legend

I will check out The Athletic; I still really like the written word.

I assumed that the BC Lions Den podcast would get a mention, still might I guess....
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

CardiacKid wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:23 pm

I assumed that the BC Lions Den podcast would get a mention, still might I guess....
I listen to most of the Lions Den Pawdcasts. They get some players past and present as guests. They also list links to a lot of CFL podcasters and fan forums except they pretend than Lionbackers does not exist.

I also listen to 3Down Nation podcasts.
Kamloops Lion
All Star

As for podcasts, 3DownNation during season is excellent. The Waggle has new episodes now.
All podcasts are free, of course.
Sun and Province will have decent coverage soon, while Kirk Penton at The Athletic has good stuff during the season.
CardiacKid
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:46 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:23 pm

I listen to most of the Lions Den Pawdcasts. They get some players past and present as guests. They also list links to a lot of CFL podcasters and fan forums except they pretend than Lionbackers does not exist.
I seem to recall reading a post on Lionbackers from before I started to check out the site that hinted at some ill-will or something....?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

The Waggle, 3 Down Nation and First and Now (produced by the BC Lions).

I also listen to the podcast version of TSN 1040's 3 Down Radio during the season. Hopefully that will be back despite the on-air changes at TSN.