Lions Free Agent Signings - Mike Reilly Signs with Lions $2.9M 4 Years

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

I am setting this up for tomorrow. I expect starting at 9 am Lions will be busy.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 pm
I am setting this up for tomorrow. I expect starting at 9 am Lions will be busy.
I'm hoping they will be busy before 9am with a few more signings of their own pending FAs like Micah Awe, Bo Lokombo, Shaq Johnson, DeVier Posey and maybe Anthony Thompson and Ivan McLennan.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
CardiacKid
Legend

Dan Ralph is reporting that Duron Carter will be joining the Lions.

Yay........

If this removes Posey from the equation, then colour me pissed.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 am

Yay........

I love this guy! He's CFL, Canada and fan and media friendly and I take the word of Kevin Glenn and Nik Lewis as to what kind of team mate he is.

Like other players I have coached personally, he's a guy who needs to be involved in the game and he's not exactly been in situations where he was involved.

Interesting that the rumour he'd be targeted by BC was out there quite some time ago. It's a small league and those who follow it full time seem to have good sources.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Dusty
Champion

Tweet from Brian Ramsay of the CFLPA. My read of this does not preclude players signing co‏ntracts, but it is vague enough to raise the question. Of course, the CFLPA cannot stop a player from signing a contract if they want to, but strange that the PA is putting out this wording so close to FA Day.

@RamsayCFLPA
23h23 hours ago
More
Today, we asked that CFL players not participate in any events or activities with the CFL office until we conclude bargaining. We’ve done this because the players have voiced a number of concerns related to respect and fair treatment this off-season.
Dusty
Champion

CardiacKid wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:06 am

Yay........

Dave Naylor is saying that Argos have not given anyone permission to talk to Carter. Will this lead to "tampering" charges??

I really think that the CFL should allow a 2-3 day "window" for teams to discuss FA with players prior to the actual start. Other leagues allow this. It makes sense to me.
The_Pauser
Legend

Lions morning rumours:

In addition to agreeing to terms with Duron Carter, the Lions are reportedly expected to finalize a contract with OL- Sukh Chungh. Furthermore, we are apparently also in on Micah Johnson, Willie Jefferson, and Derel Walker.

Things are going to get exciting.

Edmonton also rumoured to be signing Trevor Harris, Greg Ellingson, and Sirvincent Rogers.
Roar you Lions roar!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

9:24 am

Let the games begin ...

2019-02-12_0917.png
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Carter lashes back at a fan who called him a cancer:

Have you ever been in a locker room??? Kelly, my guy! If I was a cancer, I would be out the league like every other cancer... 🤷🏾‍♂️ or that I’m just soooo good, people are willing to pay me to F up their team 😂 come on now.

He should have just stayed quiet. Fans will always express their opinion good or bad. It is life. Deal with it.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 am
Lions morning rumours:

In addition to agreeing to terms with Duron Carter, the Lions are reportedly expected to finalize a contract with OL- Sukh Chungh. Furthermore, we are apparently also in on Micah Johnson, Willie Jefferson, and Derel Walker.

Things are going to get exciting.

Edmonton also rumoured to be signing Trevor Harris, Greg Ellingson, and Sirvincent Rogers.
Funny tweet re Ed Hervey and the Commissioner regarding tampering:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CFLFA?src=t ... 4047425536

https://twitter.com/RougeRadio

The tweet by RougeRadio is a phoney text message exchange btwn Hervey and Ambrosie that goes like this:

Red Radio
Podcast
RougeRadio
45 minutes ago

Got a screenshot of a text message between Ed Hervey and Randy Ambrosie # CFLFA Hey Ed, it's Ambrosie....You tampering?

------Ummmm, No

Oh ok.

------hey Duron...You good with that offer?

Ummm, Ed...it's still me,
Randy.
Another funny tweet:

Jock Cartier

@JockCartier
Follow Follow @JockCartier
More
Jock Cartier Retweeted Rouge Radio Podcast
Now, we're in the calm before the storm... while teams pretend as if they don't already have signed contracts and were tampering their asses off. This typically lasts from 45 minutes to an hour #CFLFA
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Ryan Rishaug‏Verified account @TSNRyanRishaug · 22m22 minutes ago

Hearing Sukh Chung to BC is likely to get done. Duron Carter as well as has been reported. Aaron Grimes may be heading to BC as well. Hervey as expected being aggressive in making improvements today beyond Reilly.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Getting Grimes would be great. That guy is really good. Not a fan of Carter coming. He comes with a lot of baggage. Rather keep Manny over Carter.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 am

Have you ever been in a locker room??? Kelly, my guy! If I was a cancer, I would be out the league like every other cancer... 🤷🏾‍♂️ or that I’m just soooo good, people are willing to pay me to F up their team 😂 come on now.

He should have just stayed quiet. Fans will always express their opinion good or bad. It is life. Deal with it.
It's who he is. I don't see that as lashing out but stating facts.

Fans in Regina line up with stories on how Carter treated their child - over and over its a story of skeptics converted by his kindness to those who can nothing for him.

Nik Lewis was his team mate. Nik's a Lion offensive coach. Sheesh even Nik has confessed that he was a bit like these young guys are these days.

The new GM knows talent. He needs to change the product and the narrative about the Lions that was getting stale in this market extending back to Wally turning the reigns to Mike Benevides and then returning when so much of the talk and marketing of the top QB whose got injury issues wasn't getting fans in seats.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 am

It's who he is. I don't see that as lashing out but stating facts.

Fans in Regina line up with stories on how Carter treated their child - over and over its a story of skeptics converted by his kindness to those who can nothing for him.

Nik Lewis was his team mate. Nik's a Lion offensive coach. Sheesh even Nik has confessed that he was a bit like these young guys are these days.

The new GM knows talent. He needs to change the product and the narrative about the Lions that was getting stale in this market extending back to Wally turning the reigns to Mike Benevides and then returning when so much of the talk and marketing of the top QB whose got injury issues wasn't getting fans in seats.

Reilly, Carter add some buzz to the mix and now you'll see the real Burnham as Reilly is a very REC friendly and added targets like Carter is good for BC. Esks and Stamps have been stocked at the REC position for a reason - these guys go to the NFL or get banged up. I'm hoping BC gets known for these top receivers.
CardiacKid
Legend

If the Lions ink Jefferson, that is massive in my books. He would FA signing 1A to Reilly’s 1.