Lions Free Agent Signings - Mike Reilly Signs with Lions $2.9M 4 Years

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am
Toppy Vann wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 am
Hambone - for the reasons you're noting about Reilly, I'm wondering how open Bo Levi who lives year round with wife/child in Calgary might be to a Toronto offer. That city buzzes with all teams but the Argos sadly and in Calgary Bo is a big figure like his pal Jeff Garcia was.

I'm still of the mind that Bo is just getting the cheaper Stamps to open their wallets more - but we shall see.
I think there is a difference there Toppy. Reilly had already decided to make his home in Seattle for now an post-career. He's also 5 or 6 years older and much closer to closing the end of his career. While Mitchell lives year round in Calgary being that much younger means if he goes elsewhere it could be for up to a decade or more. He would be more likely to take the family with him and relocate to wherever he plays next. Another little tidbit related to that was posted by a regular contributor at RF.com. The guy is a diehard Rider fan but lives in the same Calgary neighbourhood as Bo. He posted a few weeks ago that there was a for sale sign on Mitchell's house. Whether he was doing that simply for speculation or to relocate within Calgary or was preparing for a possible departure from Calgary to the NFL or other CFL location is open to pontification.
Haha... For sale on Bo's Calgary digs.

Just prior to Adam Bighill re-signing with the Bombers his wife was on Twitter looking for someone to take over their lease on a townhouse in Winnipeg. I made a comment on that to Bighill at the local gym but the 'cagey' super friendly Bighill didn't really give any indication that it meant he'd be leaving.

And Bo's child is not school age I don't think so moving is easy.

Ellingson signing with Esks is a good move for him as he still moves to a market where homes are affordable and the legal drinking driving charge looms over him and the Redblacks.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I believe Chungh plays guard.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Pistrinus wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 am
What o-line position does Chung play ?
He was the Bomber's regular RG last year but I believe has also played center occasionally.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
The_Pauser
Legend

Sounds like a 3-team race for BLM between Calgary, Saskatchewan and Toronto.

Curious how Ottawa isn't in on this given all they lost today.
Roar you Lions roar!
seamack3
prospect

Turns out the family situation is his reason for the move to BC. Farhan says his wife and two girls live in Seattle year round. Had I known that, I'd have not have wavered on thinking he'd be coming to BC.
$2.9m for a player wanting to move close to Seattle... why are the Lions overpaying then?
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

seamack3 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am

$2.9m for a player wanting to move close to Seattle... why are the Lions overpaying then?
The GM has to get the narrative on the BC Lions changed as it was getting stale. Reilly started in BC and lots never wanted him gone when it came down to him and Travis Lulay at QB .

Big signings will show the Lions aren't just another version of the Wally Buono era and Reilly here is not overpaid IMO.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

One of our Lions is now gone:

The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed international free-agent linebacker DyShawn Davis to a one-year contract, the team announced Tuesday.
The_Pauser
Legend

Looks like Anthony Orange is lost to Edmonton, but we've picked up Aaron Grymes.
Roar you Lions roar!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The_Pauser wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm
but we've picked up Aaron Grymes.
Another "in the neighbourhood" advantage signing? Grymes was born and raised in Seattle playing high school ball there before going 1 state to the east and Idaho for college.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I don't like the idea of Lions signing Carter. I would much rather have D.Walker.

No matter Carter's talent and if he behaves himself, I don't think he would fit in with the team chemistry that I hope the Lions are building.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

Didn't care for Grymes, he was a tough hard nosed player. But you have to appreciate him on your team, he battles all game long.

As for Rielly, he is the best of the current crop of CFL QB's. Lions got the best QB and top leader on offence, he makes everyone on I that much better. My only worry is all the bumps and bruises he brings over from the Esks, will those come to the surface during this contract.

Finally on Carter, great talent that Reilly can keep happy IMO. Just have to keep his head in check, again Reilly may be the guy.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Winners so far: Lions and Eskimos
Losers so far: Stamps (BLM signing notwithstanding) and RedBlacks (big time)
Keeping up: Riders and Bombers
Anybody home?: Als, Ticats and Argos
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Wonder when this video was shot with the new Mike Reilly QB of the BC Lions lol ...

A must see to the end.

[media]https://www.bclions.com/2019/02/12/miss-me-v1/[/media]

Bryan Burnham pumped up YESTERDAY talking about Mike Reilly QB and the new young coaching staff etc.

https://www.bclions.com/2019/02/11/i-ca ... back-home/

Brian Chui and Chinatown interview is a good watch too:

[media]https://www.bclions.com/2019/02/05/stre ... ryan-chiu/[/media]

Calls his mom at the end for more info on how to greet people during Chinese New Year.

I think other than Kung Hei Fat Choy (wish for prosperity) he might have been got from his mom another greeting - Chun Jie Kuai Le - (basically happy spring festival (chun jie).
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Great interviews, Toppy.

''Miss me?'' Ha ha

Very cool ad. Welcome back, Mike.

Screenshot_2019-02-12-14-48-57.png
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Just checked the roster. Bryan Burnham is our only All-Star level receiver there.

This fan would like to see Manny back.

Posey is gone.

If the personnel department has good judgment there are loads of talented guys out there. Some teams like Calgary seem to bring in a couple of real good ones each year.

I am sure we will be fine, but we need a couple more INT game breakers for Reilly.

O Line looks very promising. Figueroa. Steward. Godber. Chungh. And either a highly rated NAT (Foucault or Knevel) or a solid INT at right tackle. Vaillancourt on the roster also.

We talk about football as fans, but these guys earn a living playing a transient game. If Jovan Olafioye or Manny Arceneaux or many others are not back, I wish them well.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.