Query From Hamilton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Zontar
prospect

Any reason to suggest any Lion FA of value follows Washington to Hamilton ?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Zontar wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 am
Any reason to suggest any Lion FA of value follows Washington to Hamilton ?
The entire B.C. secondary is unsigned, including all-stars T.J. Lee and Anthony Orange, plus linebackers Bo Lokombo, Micah Awe and Dyshawn Davis and DE Shawn Lemon but I’ve heard no speculation about where any of them might go.
David
Team Captain

Really good question. I would expect Washington might be a lure for some FAs, but I really don't know which ones. Solly posted on his "goodbye" Tweet, but none of the other players did (not that there is necessarily any correlation there). I think he was liked by his players, but enough so that they will choose the Ti-Cats over other options? Hard to say.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Yes, good question.

I think Mark Washington is a very high character person.

Don Matthews was a DC that players would definitely want to follow, even to a new team. Do players feel that way about Mark? Not so sure.

I suspect defensive players are looking forward to playing for Claybrooks and Stubler.

Just IMO ...
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Zontar
prospect

Thanks for the insight, fellas.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I suppose it depends on what needs the Ticats have an whether Lion pending FAs fit those needs.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

Money talks.

I agree that Washington wouldn't be the type players follow ala Mathews, but he would know which players are worthwhile spending miney on.
Entertainment value = an all time low
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

It looks like Hamilton took a pass on Day 1 of free agency but Otha Foster, Micah Awe, Garry Peters, Shawn Lemon, Winston Rose, Ivan McLennan and Anthony Thompson are unsigned B.C. vets who could contribute for the Ticats (in roughly that order of priority).