2019 All Things Lions Marketing & Promotions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

dtrain wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 pm
where did you see this?
The Lions have posted a video of players in the full uniform, including orange pants.

https://www.bclions.com/2019/05/23/behi ... -shot-day/

The orange pants ruin the impact of the new uniforms and make the players look wimpy. Black pants would have been purrfect.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not impressed. I thought it would be green and gold.
dtrain
Starter

Let's hope this is just a mix & match for the promo shoot, CFL/New Era promo video does show Lion player in black pants, fingers crossed.
BC 1988
Legend

I think that is likely what the home unis will look like--the stripe pattern on the pants matches what is on the helmet. (No surprise to see Duron Carter hamming it up for the shoot).

I'm not seeing any detail for the away yet. (Other than the still image that was part of the all team league unveiling).
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm
dtrain wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 pm
where did you see this?
The Lions have posted a video of players in the full uniform, including orange pants.

https://www.bclions.com/2019/05/23/behi ... -shot-day/

The orange pants ruin the impact of the new uniforms and make the players look wimpy. Black pants would have been purrfect.
Wearing pants that are the same colour as your shirt or top (not counting black) is a major fashion faux-pas...in any walk of life. Project Runway would be going thumbs down.

Yes, black pants were a must. Sorry Lions but that was a big miss.
David
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm
Wearing pants that are the same colour as your shirt or top (not counting black) is a major fashion faux-pas...in any walk of life. Project Runway would be going thumbs down.

Yes, black pants were a must. Sorry Lions but that was a big miss.
Agreed. I can live with the orange pants on the road (wouldn't be my first choice), but I can live with it for continuity sake. But orange pants with an orange jersey at home? No thank you!!! It's such a shame because everything else with the 2019 launch is on point. But orange pants? Sorry, that completely ruins the look.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:29 pm
Not impressed. I thought it would be green and gold.
Post of the day. :rotf:
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

For me the full orange uni is bringing back unwelcome flashbacks of the NFL's Thursday Night "Color Rush" visual nonsense with those monochromatic unis looking like dayglo long-johns. I couldn't abide it. At least the Leo's socks are black, thank goodness!
CardiacKid
Legend

dtrain wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm
Let's hope this is just a mix & match for the promo shoot, CFL/New Era promo video does show Lion player in black pants, fingers crossed.
Yes, saw that video and it definitely is an improvement. Fingers-crossed indeed. :cr:
BC 1988
Legend

When it comes to uniform preferences, I'm also very old school. Of course, much of this goes back to my earliest childhood memories of the CFL around 1970. I love all the dark jersey-white pants home combos worn at that time by CGY, TOR, SSK, MTL and OTT. A few of them reversed the pattern for aways (avoiding the all-white look worn by OTT.)

One thing that makes these 2019 BC homes a little less "Color-Rush" is the retro striping on the pants (no hashtag nonsense there).
Zarquon
Champion

Just saw the video the Lions posted of the players Headshot Day as well as receiving my "Replica" Jersey today. VERY disappointed that the "Replica" jerseys do not match the actual jersey and have a VERY different look. The back and name bar completely different colouring and look, also no numbers on the sleeves of the replicas. First time as a Lions fan and being a long time season ticket holder that I am mad at the organization.

A replica jersey should match what the players are wearing somewhat closely, but when it isn't even close that is false advertising in my mind. Combine that with them dropping the price since those of us preordered this back in February and honestly, I am left with a feeling of being ripped off.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.
CardiacKid
Legend

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:24 pm
For me the full orange uni is bringing back unwelcome flashbacks of the NFL's Thursday Night "Color Rush" visual nonsense with those monochromatic unis looking like dayglo long-johns. I couldn't abide it. At least the Leo's socks are black, thank goodness!
Dayglo long-johns :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe Stanfield’s should have gotten the job instead of New Era...
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Zarquon wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm
Just saw the video the Lions posted of the players Headshot Day as well as receiving my "Replica" Jersey today. VERY disappointed that the "Replica" jerseys do not match the actual jersey and have a VERY different look. The back and name bar completely different colouring and look, also no numbers on the sleeves of the replicas. First time as a Lions fan and being a long time season ticket holder that I am mad at the organization.

A replica jersey should match what the players are wearing somewhat closely, but when it isn't even close that is false advertising in my mind. Combine that with them dropping the price since those of us preordered this back in February and honestly, I am left with a feeling of being ripped off.
Email Rick LeLacheur with your comments. He will likely respond.
David
Team Captain

Yes, white (or light grey) pants with black socks or black pants with orange socks at HOME and black pants with white or orange socks on the ROAD would make this uniform very attractive. A massive win. But orange pants are just fugly and really diminish the overall look. Ernie makes a great point about "Thursday Night Football." :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Zarquon
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm
Email Rick LeLacheur with your comments. He will likely respond.
Emailed Bob Foerster, Merchandise Manager, to find out if this is truly the case for the Game jerseys as he did mention that there was a mistake in the New Era twitter video as to the uniforms and want to confirm that there is a difference between the players game jerseys and the fan jerseys.
Meus occupatio est ut calcitro vestri clunis.