When Will the Purge Begin

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:14 pm
Dusty wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 pm
Hambone wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:47 pm

I know the sentiments here but I think you'd find that almost to a man every offensive lineman would disagree with you. They absolutely love him as their coach.
I really don't know why they would.... under his tutelage, they seem to regress year by year.... must be something in the gatorade...
Stockholm Syndrome?
Or the chocolate bars he hands out if they graded out well after every game.
Rammer
Team Captain

If I was to suggest that the Lions had the best OL that they have had for decades, I doubt that many could argue that. Now grading talent vs the 2019 CFL, I would still place the Lions OL in the top three. The results would place them at the bottom 3, which can only be laid at the feet of Dorazio. This isn't the only season that the Lions have been fighting this trend, it is almost every single season since 2003. One day we may find out that Dorazio was decades beyond in his OL strategy, however, it has been decades since he produced better results than the top half of the league.

Time to see how the Lions can showcase the OL talent that they have assembled.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Dusty wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 pm
Hambone wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:47 pm
JohnnyMusso wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 pm
Lion King you forgot about Dan Dorazio. Does anyone here want him back? He needs to retire or be fired too.
I know the sentiments here but I think you'd find that almost to a man every offensive lineman would disagree with you. They absolutely love him as their coach.
I really don't know why they would.... under his tutelage, they seem to regress year by year.... must be something in the gatorade...
Read Angus Reid's book. It will shed a ton of light on why they love him.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

For me, Dan Dorazio will go down as one of the biggest head-scratchers in CFL history.

Loved by his players? To a man!

Respected by other coaches? Unquestionably!

O-line knowledge? Off the charts!

Communication skills? Gets his points across!

Preparation? Few put in more hours!

Results? Suck! :wink:

"Wow, that Lions offensive line is over-achieving! Really punching above their weight," said nobody in the past 15 years. Seriously, even when completely healthy our quarterbacks routinely run for their lives, game after game, season after season. We often routinely struggle in short yardage. And it's not like we have lacked talent. I can't recall the last time we played with fewer than 2 imports, sometimes as many as 3!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar