GDT -- The Playoffs Have Arrived - Leos vs Hamilton in East Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Blitz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 pm
We need to clean house with our coaching staff. The only ones deserving of returning are Melvin, Tormey and Reinebold.

Jarious Jackson also needs to go if he is going to be stuck with our RPO offence and he is stuck. The only way he should stay is if we bring in a new HC with a background on offence and he can get Jarious out of his doctrinaire offensive religion,

As for Reilly or someone else at quarterback, don't forget Reilly's stats were about the same as Jennings and Lulay's stats this season when Reilly played in McAdoo's offence when McAdoo was OC in Edmonton.

Reilly only emerged as a top flight quarterback once RPO ended in Edmton as McAdoo went to Regina to continue on with his mediocre scheme in Riderland.
I agree with your first line there. Those 3 coaches should definitely be brought back. Everyone else...time to go.

We need to make a big play for Mike Reilly or Bo Levi Mitchell. I expect BLM will get interest from the NFL though, and given Reilly's history here and history with Hervey that's probably more likely.

I'd also be okay with Lulay coming in as a QB coach. As a player he looks done, but he has the attitude and leadership to make for a decent coach I would think. Same with Solly. Though he has more juice left in the tank if he wants to keep going, I think he could make for a good coach as well.

I also think we'll see a whole new Lions team next year. Lulay and Jennings will be gone. JJ24 and Rainey will be gone. I could see The Manny Show being cancelled due to his injury. Solly likely gone as a player. Wouldn't surprise me if Odell Willis is gone due to age. Not sure about Lemon. Olafioye probably gone as Knevel should be able to fill in for him adequately. Husband probably replaced by Pierson who looked very good at C.

Regardless of what happened today, interesting times are ahead.
Roar you Lions roar!
seamack3
prospect

It's back! The annual BC Lions Locker Room Sale. Score great deals on clearout BC Lions ...
Fan7
Rookie

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm
The next move is up to David Braley and Ed Hervey. Your moves gentlemen.
Remember how Wally was ALLEGEDLY Ed Hervey's pick - remember he only came to BC if Wally was his HC so maybe Ed should be toast.

Kent Austin GM and HC lol....

I originally was giving Ed a pass on this year's HC but in the heat of the post game lol.... I'm getting the tar and feathers ready for the GM too.

We need levity.

TSN panel at the half were hilarious pumping up the Riders Bombers game as that last game was sucking.

Likely told to pump up that second game as the fans were tuning out this game and they know Riders have no starter at QB. Chris Jones should have kept Kevin Glenn who sat on the bench all year in Edmonton and 3 of them - at least until he knew Collaros head issues were over - which they weren't.

This game should be closer but if not, it's going down bad for TSN ratings lol
Agreeing that Hervey should go as well. If he truly came here because Wally was here, he should leave because he kept Wally here. Disgraceful performance! Disgraceful last seven seasons! Watching this team underachieve for seven years why are we surprised? What can’t understand is that even though Wally has completely destroyed the CFL in British Columbia we have spent six, seven years honoring him?

Most likely he is scheming his return for next season. Get ready for another year of Wally talking down to the fans and throwing his players under the bus.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:31 pm

Jarious Jackson also needs to go if he is going to be stuck with our RPO offence and he is stuck. The only way he should stay is if we bring in a new HC with a background on offence and he can get Jarious out of his doctrinaire offensive religion,
The problem with Jurious was the same problem that plagued all our other offensive coordinators in the past!

Wally's vanilla style nondescript offense which had defenses across the league smacking their chops knowing how easy it would be to counter our attack!

Maybe now we have the chance to finally find our destiny free of Pasquale tyranny!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

seamack3 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm
It's back! The annual BC Lions Locker Room Sale. Score great deals on clearout BC Lions ...
Apparently Jarius Jackson's RPO playbook is free to anyone who wants it
The_Pauser
Legend

Calling for Hervey to be fired is the definition of knee-jerk reaction.
Roar you Lions roar!
The_Pauser
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:05 pm
seamack3 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm
Apparently Jarius Jackson's RPO playbook is free to anyone who wants it
I heard the guy who stole that playbook from his car decided to turn it in because it wasn't worth anything.....

kidding of course.
Roar you Lions roar!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Goodbye Wally...

Don't let the door hit you in ass!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

Hervey only gave credence to Wally due to the situation. Noway that Wally is his guy. All you have to do is look at the talent that Hervey brought in and the results Wally did with it

This is all on Wally and has been since the lucky GC in 2011. Without that amazing turn around season, the Lions would be competing with the bottom three teams in lack of GC success in his era.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm
Goodbye Wally...

Don't let the door hit you in ass!
I want him gone, but that's a bit harsh. Now if it was Washington, Jackson and Dorazio then , well, ya.