GDT -- The Playoffs Have Arrived - Leos vs Hamilton in East Semi-Final

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

The_Pauser
Legend

Well, the good news is there will be big changes after this.
Roar you Lions roar!
Blitz
Team Captain

We'll likely go with Jennings in the second half. He has the stronger arm against the wind. But we gotta abandon RPO and just let Jennings be his old 'gunslinger self'..

Its our only hope

But this first half is not on Lulay. Its on our defense and on our RPO scheme. Jones came up with a great game plan to exploit our defense, whether we played man or zone.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 am
Why are we making excuses for Lulay. All players are playing with nicks and bruises at this time of year
I'm not. He's horrible.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

ONE offensive TD in the last 8 quarters of 1st half football for the Lions. That's almost hard to do in the CFL.

The only interesting thing left is will Hervey actually try to justify bringing Jarious Jackson back as OC. And we have seen this movie before with Mark Washington's defence.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Someone asked on Lionbackers this week what Quality Control coaches do?

Was that Wally and Mark Washington?

Clearly the ticats got done what a Quality Control Assistant preps his coaches and players for and that's is what does BC do on DEF given down, distance and yard line they're on.

BC on DEF looks like they changed nothing other than adding a rusty Sol E into the mix.

But the players on DEF fell back into assignment focus and watching. The one DB who tried for a snatch was backed up on that play by Thompson who didn't move up on the Tasker catch and ergo a TD for another WTF moment from BC.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Orange Crush
prospect

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:22 am
It seems evident that Lulay's arm is not right. He needs to torque his body to get any kind of power.
Absolutely - wounded ducks.

Love Lulay but it may be time to retire - forever injured and now pretty ineffective.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:31 am
We'll likely go with Jennings in the second half. He has the stronger arm against the wind. But we gotta abandon RPO and just let Jennings be his old 'gunslinger self'..

Its our only hope

But this first half is not on Lulay. Its on our defense and on our RPO scheme. Jones came up with a great game plan to exploit our defense, whether we played man or zone.
I agree but Travis' is not looking good on the pass plays and he's not getting the wind right.

The good news is that the Ticats are in their cozy locker room likely thinking East Final and where they're going to party in Ottawa and will come out a little flatter.

I see we had Lumbula on in that completed out route.

Summing up:

Those old coaches for the Ticats with an average coaching age of 1050 years both came prepped and tweaked to hammer BC who are always the most predictable team in the CFL with Coach Wally at the helm. They got ipads and old paper notes and they understand BC and the CFL game now.

IF the BC LogoDancers come out and actually play - like do something different on their D Line and if the OFF is fired up with Jennings at QB who might toss better in these conditions - we're coming baaccccckkkkk!
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:49 am
The only thing making me laugh is that Wally will remember this game much longer than I will.
What you said Rammer...what you said!!!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Fan7
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:27 am
The winningest coach in the CFL down 28-0 at the half in the Eastern Semi Final game
You mean the Losingest Coach in CFL history is losing again. Unbelievable, he should be fired a half time.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lulay's arm looks terrible to me. As it has for a few games. No zip. It's like he has to torque his body in trying to throw the javelin. No arm strength. Excuses? Nah.

Whatever.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

And the only shimmering light is what Lion Guy said earlier in the week. Lose ugly like this and Hervey has little to explain regardless of who he tosses to the curb side and right now there is a long line-up.
Rammer
Team Captain

Have a great offseason fellow Lionbackers, it will be very interesting bringing in the new era.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Blitz
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:23 am
Blitz wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:21 am
Glanville is doing a great job so far.
Come on Blitz; I could a great job against this OC
True!! But Glanville is scheming the way he should be scheming. But most CFL defensive coordinators know how to shut down our RPO offence, when we are not shutting it down ourselves.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Fan7
Rookie

Lion Guy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 am
Well obviously the schemes are solid, we just couldn't execute.

These coaches are hapless. Just so so bad.
It’s never Wally’s fault. Poor execution, players didn’t buy in to the game plan. Never Wally’s fault. This team has under achieved for years, but of course it’s not Wally’s fault. Six years of this is Wally’s last year, six years of honoring Wally, six years of being told how great Wally is. Let’s give him another “Order of Canada”.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Are any of Lions assistant coaches contracts up are the end of the season. I know Jackson has 1 year left. But what about the others?

Will Hervey fire any of them before a new coach is hired?

As for the Lions how many points will they give up today? 50? 60? How many will they score?

Looks like Lulay will start 2nd half based on Wally's comments.