Riders 35 - Lions 16, Post-Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Nice to see a Canadian get reps at QB.  But I don't think Bridge is a CFL quarterback.

Washington not adjusting to stop the run.  We should have forced Bridge to throw, and blitzed him. 

Jarious laid an egg with his game plan.  I guess Wally still wants RPO.  He is not convinced yet of its futility. Zero separation for receivers, aside from Purifoy watching the QB on the TD pass to Burnham..  Running game missing in action.  Riders stuffed Sutton. 

Collaros out.  Mason out.  Riders without a passing game.  And we let them run the ball, and ''manage the game.'' 

4th quarter.  13:42 left.  Jennings in.  92 yards offence so far.  Screen.  3rd and 1.  Fajardo goes wide.  Big run for Sutton.  Jennings to Parker.   Way to go, Jon.  ''Super I.''  Suitor laughs at Wally's ''trick play,'' which ends up as always as a short yardage plunge, not forcing the D to move players anywhere.  The D waits patiently for the offence to deploy in ''the Centipede.'' Fajardo for the TD.  32-16.

Huge run by Marshall.  One wonders just where the D will leak.  Tonight it is the run game.  Suitor is puzzled by Washington's ineffective, stubborn D strategy. 

STs gave up huge yardage.  Returns not a match for the Riders' returns. Purifoy plays in a state of anger and hostility.

FG.  35-16.  5:12 left. 

Coleman is hot.  No doubt frustrated by the failed scheme vs the run. 
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Riders run the ball down the throat of Washington's defence.

199 freaking yards on the ground.

Shameful.

Am I going to blame Lulay for anything? No. For a Lions' QB the pressure builds game after game. Reilly and Mitchell would show shell shock with us.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
squishy35
Legend

Lions seem content to go to the east semi final. Lulay looked very confused by the rider secondary.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Lions weren't prepared to play. They lost all the physical battles on offence, defence and special teams. They gave up 199 yards rushing to a team that didn't want to throw the ball. The offence coughed up 21 points off turnovers. The mystery of the Jekyll and Hyde season continues, with a 2-7 road record and 7-1 home record. They'll be on the road in the playoffs. I hope they give a better effort.
CardiacKid
Legend

Hope someone spanks the Riders in the playoffs....it will be interesting to see what happens with Collaros.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Way to go Lions, building up the Riders over confidence. :tease:

I prefer to see the Lions go east in the playoffs.

Lions should rest some guys or play part of a game next week for guys who may be nicked up.
Dusty
Champion

Fun game if you are a riders fan. We played like a 3 - 6 team I thought we weren't. It is hard to say and I take no pleasure in saying it, but we were owned.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:07 pm
Hope someone spanks the Riders in the playoffs....it will be interesting to see what happens with Collaros.
Winnipeg is coming out of the west.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Lion Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:42 pm
CardiacKid wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:07 pm
Winnipeg is coming out of the west.
Then Mike O’Shea gets a contract extension and Paul LaPolice is allowed to pursue head coaching opportunities in B.C. and elsewhere (or so we can hope).
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm
Fun game if you are a riders fan. We played like a 3 - 6 team I thought we weren't. It is hard to say and I take no pleasure in saying it, but we were owned.
In every way. Regardless of how this all ends I just can't wait to clean house and throw away all this coaching garbage.
Riderfan67
Rookie

Need you guys to win next week ok ????
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I couldn't watch the game tonight. I just didn't have the heart to do it. I just had that feeling that they were going to get spanked and I couldn't subject myself to 3 hours of heartache. I had hoped that I would be wrong and that I would be kicking myself for a lack of courage. Figured I could stand that better than what apparently took place tonight.

There is no value in me repeating what has already been said in several different ways. So I won't. I'm glad now that I didn't watch it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
CardiacKid
Legend

Well right about now I am simply hoping the Lions don't get killed in Hamilton. Aside from the 2016 Western Semi, getting spanked by the playoff opposition was far too common an occurrence.

All I want is an exciting, entertaining playoff game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 pm
Dusty wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm
In every way. Regardless of how this all ends I just can't wait to clean house and throw away all this coaching garbage.
Patient grasshopper. 2 more games and then changes are coming.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hamilton can be beaten given no Brandon Banks. But then again so can the Lions if they repeat.

Why BC couldn't have filled the gaps when it was clear the Riders were going to run on 1st down. DC and OC weren't great on the calls this evening. I'm wondering if Jarius should have another OFF coach at the bench and do a LaPo - call from upstairs.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy