Derek Taylor and Stats

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Figaro
Rookie

There was some mention of Taylor and stats in another thread that I now can't find. Just wanted to say, I appreciate his stats - they provide interesting insights. For example look at his latest stat analysis on the most feared player in the CFL.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/details-wi ... fl~1478026

Watch Breaux play this afternoon and see if these stats don't confirm something.

I hope I pasted in the link properly.
The_Pauser
Legend

If I were Ed Hervey I would be scooping him up and signing him to an exclusive contract. Otherwise get your own analytics guy. I don't think analytics are that big of a deal in the CFL and it's probably an opportunity for some teams to gain a competitive advantage.
Roar you Lions roar!
Matt Baker
Rookie

The_Pauser wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:38 pm
If I were Ed Hervey I would be scooping him up and signing him to an exclusive contract. Otherwise get your own analytics guy. I don't think analytics are that big of a deal in the CFL and it's probably an opportunity for some teams to gain a competitive advantage.
Analytics is a big part of the coaches' prep. They do a good job already of compiling these stats.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Matt Baker wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:32 am
The_Pauser wrote:
Analytics is a big part of the coaches' prep. They do a good job already of compiling these stats.
Thanks, Matt. I’d love to have access to more analytics. The official league stats are good but hardcore fans crave more information.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Figaro wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 pm
There was some mention of Taylor and stats in another thread that I now can't find. Just wanted to say, I appreciate his stats - they provide interesting insights. For example look at his latest stat analysis on the most feared player in the CFL.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/details-wi ... fl~1478026

Watch Breaux play this afternoon and see if these stats don't confirm something.

I hope I pasted in the link properly.
Given a bit of time, I will find those earlier posts and put the reference url here.

Good topic.

And thanks, Matt.

Here is the url.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29306&p=394405#p394405
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
The_Pauser
Legend

Matt Baker wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:32 am
The_Pauser wrote:
Good to know! :rockin:
Roar you Lions roar!
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

On the topic of analytics -- I'd posted this link on the NFL thread a couple weeks back -- some of you who are not much interested in NFL and thus wouldn't likely have seen this might (might not) be interested, despite its focus on the Vikings' new facilities. Take it or leave it. My attention is not usually inclined this way, but found this article fascinating nonetheless.
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/8/15 ... lman-draft