Eskimos: change your name

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Funny, the new Elks logo kind of reminds me of the Als' old logo from the early 1970s (in its simplicity or design?).

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:16 pm
Funny, the new Elks logo kind of reminds me of the Als' old logo from the early 1970s (in its simplicity or design?).

DH :cool:
I like the Elks logo. I don't understand the old Als' logo or their current one.

3downnation.com is asking readers to rank the nine team logos. Call me a homer, but I ranked the B.C. logo highest , followed by the Elks, Stampeders and Riders. I ranked Montreal's stylized bird logo in the shape of an M the worst. (I just figured it out now.)

https://3downnation.com/2021/06/04/help ... eam-logos/
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The alouette bird, namesake of the football team, is also known as the horned lark. That old Alouette logo was intended to be a caricature of the profile of an alouette bird. It was also 1970 when it debuted so art form of the day may have come into play. Groovy baby. :wink:

The new logo depicts an alouette in flight. It also takes the shape of the letter M. I suppose what makes it different is instead of a small logo on each side of the helmet they put one large logo on the top of the helmet with the wings sweeping down the sides.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
maxlion
Legend

I voted as well.

Best: Hamilton, Montreal
Pretty good: BC, Edm, Cal, Tor
So-so: Sask, Ott
Worst: Wpg

Hard to love that Winnipeg logo!

I am glad that Edm changed their name. It was clearly the right decision IMO. Elks works for me, though I was coming around to the idea of Evergreens. Not too many teams named after trees!