The decline of Vancouver sports media & its effect on Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm
The other day a bunch of school kids were at practice and the first player to wade into to connect was none other than Duron Carter.
Fans can complain about the antics of Duron Carter but he is definitely fan friendly
SammyGreene
Team Captain

David wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:29 pm
Do I want to see more coverage of the Leos? Of course! But to me, this is part and parcel of opening the season so darn early when the NHL and NBA playoffs are just wrapping up with the NHL awards and draft upcoming this week. It's partially self-inflicted (thanks Ambrosie!).

I would love to see the CFL regular season start on July 1 with hockey/basketball fatigue behind everyone (yes, there's NHL's free agency, but not much else going on).

I am sure there will be more Lions talk as we hit summer. It's not like the Whitecaps are getting a lot of love either....

DH :cool:
In hindsight, the Lions requesting a bye this week would have been a wise move. They have known about the NHL Draft being here for a while. Instead it's the first week of August during the precious month or so of the hockey "off-season."
David
Team Captain

Great point, Sammy. I seem to recall the club front-loaded its byes last year (which may have contributed to burn-out at the end of the season).

One bye this week would have been good, although I am just thankful it's not a home game! At least this way with the Leos being on TSN, sports fans (read: non-Leos diehards like us) may be inclined to tune in during lulls in the draft telecast.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I hadn't even realized the NHL draft was this weekend until someone mentioned it here and I don't know or care about any of the prospects. Given the choice between watching a live game featuring a local team and a draft of 18-year-olds who may or may not become NHLers in a few years, I would expect most sports fans to watch the Lions' game and periodically check in on the NHL draft.

Last week's B.C.-Winnipeg game was by far the most-watched game of the opening weekend on TSN, with 685,800 viewers despite a late Saturday night start.
seamack3
prospect

TheLionKing wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:19 pm
Toppy Vann wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm
The other day a bunch of school kids were at practice and the first player to wade into to connect was none other than Duron Carter.
Fans can complain about the antics of Duron Carter but he is definitely fan friendly
Too bad Jeff Hecht wasn't at the practise to replay his 'chicken dance' to Duron and the school kids