Lions in the local media (REVIVED thread 6-10-20)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

On the TSN 1040 website the poll result flipped--Lions were in front with 32%. Don Taylor (on the morning show with Brough today as part of Crossover Week) remarked that there is sometimes a big older skew (such as myself) on web vs twitter versions of the same poll, depending on the topic. Of course twitter total numbers are probably much higher.

SammyGreene
MVP
MVP

David wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:37 am
TSN1040 just did a poll about getting free tickets post-pandemic and which one listeners would prefer to attend.

This really points to the perception problem the club has. Marketing/advertising efforts have to be geared to changing misperceptions and stereotypes.

Here are some comments:
  • I get offered free lions tickets all the time and can't be bothered.. Fans are a bunch of old guys that smell like cigarettes and garlic sausage, not my cup of tea.
  • The Lions have, by far, the worst fan experience in Vancouver. Give me the C’s tix!
:bang:

DH :cool:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and sadly I'm hardly surprised by the twitter poll results, but why is it people always go out of their way to bash the club or the CFL?
Those two comments sound like people with an axe to grind. Former employees? Roughed up at a game?

For a while it seemed liked it was a mission of Whitecaps fans to cut down the Lions/CFL as much as they could to become the #2 team in town. There is the odd anti-MLS comment about the quality of play compared to Europe but nowhere near the same as the negativity towards the CFL.

BC 1988
Legend

I'm not surprised to hear about all the anti-CFL trolling. Even regular Twitter media posters describe it as a "cesspool". Trump has probably done more to raise it's reach than anyone, and they've only recently gotten around to moderating what he spews out on there.