Game Day Thread, Nov 17, 2013 Ham @ Tor, Sas @ Cal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Well, I guess some of us will be watching a bit of this stuff.

Will LeFevour be used in the run package that Austin drew up for him, and which was used effectively against Montreal?

Will Ricky Ray play pitch and catch all day?

Good matchup methinks, the Argos vs the TiCats.

We will see how Calgary has prepared to stop Durant on the QB keepers.

Will the Stampeders get Cornish some of those holes large enough to drive a truck through?

(Ummm, BTW, is Jon Cornish:

a) a Rolls-Royce Corniche or

b) a Cornish game hen?)

How do you like that for play on words, Rammer? Huh ... Just having fun. Not entering no dayum contest or nuthin' like that.

Will the Riders get pressure on Kevin Glenn? I am happy to see Glenn get the start. Not really a fan of Tate.

Will the Riders be able to establish Sheets in the run game?

Another good matchup, the Riders vs the Stampeders.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Mother Nature has really hammered home the point why it's so important for the Lions to finish 1st in the West every year. Frigid conditions at Mosiac last week and currently -17 in Calgary with the "high" expected to be -8. No snow in the forecast so hopefully better playing conditons at McMahon compared to yesterday's CIS game between Calgary and Western. I do admit, however, the winter like conditions make the games even more compelling and look good on TV (from my den!).
Bosco
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:Mother Nature has really hammered home the point why it's so important for the Lions to finish 1st in the West every year. Frigid conditions at Mosiac last week and currently -17 in Calgary with the "high" expected to be -8. No snow in the forecast so hopefully better playing conditons at McMahon compared to yesterday's CIS game between Calgary and Western. I do admit, however, the winter like conditions make the games even more compelling and look good on TV (from my den!).
The field at McMahon looked absolutely brutal yesterday - just an ugly skating rink. Seemed to be quite a bit drier during the TSN pre game segments.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

He could also be a Cornish pasty.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Great opening drives by both Hamilton and Toronto. The Argos demonstrated why their offence and defence were both ranked first in the league in the red zone. 7-3 Argos.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Refs fave Fantuz a whole extra yard on that spot.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Fantuz puts Hamilton up 10-7 after the first quarter with a nice catch on a corner route in the end zone.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I love indoor football at this time of year. This is a shootout. Ricky Ray hits Spencer Watt from 29 yards for Watt's second TD of the game. 14-10 Argos. Ray is 10 of 11 for 151 yards already.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:I love indoor football at this time of year. This is a shootout. Ricky Ray hits Spencer Watt from 29 yards for Watt's second TD of the game. 14-10 Argos. Ray is 10 of 11 for 151 yards already.
We could get a good study in contrasts today with these two finals.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Argos leading 21-10 in the 2nd quarter
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Mother Nature has really hammered home the point why it's so important for the Lions to finish 1st in the West every year. Frigid conditions at Mosiac last week and currently -17 in Calgary with the "high" expected to be -8. No snow in the forecast so hopefully better playing conditons at McMahon compared to yesterday's CIS game between Calgary and Western. I do admit, however, the winter like conditions make the games even more compelling and look good on TV (from my den!).
Also hammers home the importance of a running game. One dimensional teams don't fare well in frigid conditions.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

24-10 Dr. Ray is slicing and dicing the Hamilton secondary. Approaching 300 yards passing in the 1st half.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton responds with a touchdown of it's own. 24-17 at the half. Very entertaining game.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Ticats can't stop Ricky Ray. He's 17 of 20 for 279 yards in the first half.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have enjoyed what I have caught so far of the East Final. Definately more excited about the upcoming West Final.

Burris and Ray, West Division stalwarts, meeting in an East Final....... If the second half is as good as the first, it'll be an exciting ending......

Good stories in todays paper. Sheets doesn't want to let any Stampeder (especially Cornish) to be using his locker. SO that is an extra incentive to win? I guess so. I think if you win/lose, whether that means your locker room stays populated by your team, is one of those after thought factors. If the Riders lose (:cr: hope so!) I think it will hurt more to see them at the coin toss, and taking snaps on your field. And the constant hassling that you choked until next season.