Who Would You Like to See Advance to the GC, and Who Will?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

South Pender
Legend

My preferences would be Calgary and Toronto in the GC again this year. I'm pretty confident that the Argos will knock off the Ti-Cats, but not so sure about the WF outcome. You'd have to think Calgary has the edge going in, but, as we all know all too well, anything can happen. Odds-makers have it at Calgary by 4.5 and Toronto by 4.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I think Calgary's been too smug this year. I'd like to see the Riders knock them off and host the Grey Cup against the Argos. Durant and company have unfinished business in the Grey Cup and his 0-2 record as a starter there would be a great focal point.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Anybody but the greenies.
zark
Champion

Calgary vs Argos
They both deserve to be there. Too bad Nik Lewis wont be there for the Stumps and Kackert will be missed for the Argos.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
swervynmerv
Legend

Anybody but Saskatchewan! Their fans are obnoxious enough already!!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Hate the Riders but from a league standpoint there is no better storyline than Hamilton (Austin/Burris) going into Mosiac to face the hometown Riders. For only that reason I'm hoping both road teams prevail on Sunday.
Don Miller
Legend

:dizzy: Don't like either one but I would like to see Calgary spoil the party. Hopefully the brutal refereeing team we had last week doesn't do the WFinal. I think Calgary wins by 6...
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:Calgary vs Argos
They both deserve to be there. Too bad Nik Lewis wont be there for the Stumps and Kackert will be missed for the Argos.
On the strength of the regular season these are the teams to be there.

But in a one game play off anything can happen and these two top teams can with week off come out flat.

I dislike no team but would not be unhappy if the Stamps win it and Kevin Glenn get a key role in that as that would be deserving for him.

The other comment about the Austin story line is a good one too and more so if they faced the Green Riders.

But Hamilton are a young team still.

Riders in it would be fantastic for their home crowd.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

zark wrote:Calgary vs Argos
Nik Lewis took part in drills yesterday, but Huf doesn't seem to be that likely to consider playing him this weekend.

I'd like to see Calgary-Toronto as well, but Riders-Cats wouldn't be that much of a shocker.

Calgary has had 2 weeks to patch together an injury-riddled (courtesy of the Lions) roster. Hopefully they can stop the Riders momentum. I'd say Glenn would be the best choice at QB.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:My preferences would be Calgary and Toronto in the GC again this year. I'm pretty confident that the Argos will knock off the Ti-Cats, but not so sure about the WF outcome. You'd have to think Calgary has the edge going in, but, as we all know all too well, anything can happen. Odds-makers have it at Calgary by 4.5 and Toronto by 4.
Those are the teams I THINK WILL advance. A Grey Cup rematch from last year, not too bad, IMO.....
TheLionKing wrote:Anybody but the greenies.
X2

(then again, watching Coach Austin lead his team from the sidelines to a road victory over the Riders would not be a shabby ending, IMO).
leo4life
All Star

Riders over the stampons
TI-Cats over the DoubleBlue
Should be two excellent games on paper wonder how the refs will affect things....BC got jobbed on several calls and plenty of holding not called on Riders....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Getzlaff is expected to play. I guess that leaves Geroy running fake routes along with his one catch to maintain his streak.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Calgyra and Toronto. But Calgyra is too banged up to advance.

But I won't be watching, so I'm indifferent, personally.
Rodu
Champion

I want to see the Argos, so when the traditional mayoral comes around we can point and laugh at Ford some more
notahomer
Hall of Famer

While wearing a Toronto Argos jersey and describing his female oral sex possibilities, Mayor Ford described a possible bet with his Hamilton counterpart.

Will this poor Mayor (Hamiltons Brad Bratina-no, thats his name) be willing to share the stage to make such a bet? Is this a bet that is PG rated? If I was in Mayor Bratina's position, I'm not sure I'd bother with the traditional mayors wager. I doubt the Argos are interested in this usuall fun piece of football related media either.....