"Who gets fired?"???

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

zark
Champion

Who gets fired?
http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... gets-fired
Yikes! I thought we had negative people in this forum...
That is an actual thread topic on the Rider forum.
Although the other posters aren't so negative.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
JohnHenry
Champion

I doubt any coach will get fired. Since Travis Moore's gone, there are no sacrificial lambs, like a Burrato, Kruk or Baressi, left to fire. Not Jarious (not his fault Travis got injured) or Roper (with the resurgence of the running game). Chaps and Dorazio are untouchable and seemingly have jobs for life, unless they choose to leave on their own accord (with Wally leaving their jobs open in case they wanted to come back). :cool:
BC 1988
Legend

After reading that thread, I found this:

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... c-fans-are

Interesting read, a lot of Rider fans are actually very objective about their team's chances.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I check out Riderfans probably once a week. When news hits, except Lions news of course, its a good site to hear stuff.

Certainly lots of objective fans there and they are willing to get pushed around by the bandwagoners. What I mean is there are posters who clearly state "I think the Riders got a lucky break on a call there" and then get FLAMED by the kinds of posters whose attitude flipflops between either wanting Durant CUT NOW or are sizing him up for a Grey Cup ring.
BC 1988
Legend

Exactly, it is a kind of wild west tone over there. It's what I'd expect to find having interacted with Rider Fans at Lions games.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If the Riders are counting their defence to score, they may be in for a long afternoon.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:If the Riders are counting their defence to score, they may be in for a long afternoon.
I think their defence CAN impact the positive part of the Riders scoreboard (IOW, scoring points for the Riders). I hope they won't. Obviously their job is to keep our offence FROM scoring. But, in the last game, DID THE RIDERS OFFENCE DO WELL, or did their DEFENCE keep scoring and/or setting the Offence up in good field position? IMO, it was far more of the later.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

You know who I think has really started to mature and sound a lot better in the media than he ever has?

Ricky Foley. I no longer raise eyebrows at his statements or attitude. He has always been a good player but there is a maturity in him now that started in Toronto and he sounds and speaks like a leader now.

Cornish is another Canadian player who has vastly improved in attitude and demeanor this year with him walking off the field in silence when being ripped apart by an explosive Drew Tate for a botched play in the Red Zone.

I am very hopeful that this season will bring a similar change to Andrew Harris where he emerges next year to challenge Cornish in all facets of the game including maturity.

As to why the Rider fans would post this topic up - it does appear it was for discussion purposes and a header intended to fill the time between the last meaningless game and now.

It is a good topic as it brings out a lot of issues including the one I am on - stability in coaching staff. Fix and re-direct these OCs and DCs rather than the constant out the door and taking a 'pig in a poke' approach with the next guy.

Not that there is not talent out there but you don't know until the games begin if you get it right and find out this guy is less effective than the last guy.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I don't like seeing a coach fired without a replacement in mind, but Chaps has just been at the job for too long and so a fresh approach is needed.

While attending the Winnipeg Operation Orange I twice had fellow fans say to me that they would not renew their season tickets if Chaps is still OC next season. I did not bring up the topic with either fan but i am of a similar mind regarding my annual 3-pak purchase.

Even though the Lions had 8 home victories there were no dominate O games.

The Lion's most dominate game was the 50 point game in Winnipeg but the D did all the heavy lifting with the O just showing up.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I too am considering whether to renew my seats if JC stays.