Western Conference Final Game Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Centrum22 wrote:Uh, an onside kick and not a single Lion to even attempt to catch it. Great.
No kidding. Not even close
Centrum22
Starter

Lion Guy wrote:
Centrum22 wrote:Uh, an onside kick and not a single Lion to even attempt to catch it. Great.
No kidding. Not even close
The ball hung in the air for like a minute and only went 10 yards. You would think there would be at least 5 or 6 Lions jumping up for the ball, since that is the only objective on such a play.

Bottom line, the defence just sucked (the most yards given up in a single game; purrfect timing, guys). And Lulay and the offence were totally impotent for 90% of the game (but I guess that's what happens when you play a quarterback who's played only a few minutes in the last five weeks).

The thing that bugs me the most is that if you took just one of Calgary's touchdowns (which was the direct result of a complete, incompetent, inexcusable defensive mistake) off the scoreboard, then the Lions would actually have won. Which is insane, when you think how flat Lulay and the offence was. Not a single big play on offence.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lulay's shoulder is worse than was let on. At least I HOPE that's the case. I see no other sensible reason for today's flaccid passing game, and if that IS the case, we could/should have thrown Reilly in there.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THROW THE FRICKEN BALL PAST THE FIRST DOWN MARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lulay's shoulder is worse than was let on. At least I HOPE that's the case. I see no other sensible reason for today's flaccid passing game, and if that IS the case, we could/should have thrown Reilly in there.
Calgary rushed four and dropped eight. Perhaps you didn't noticed that on the deep outs run by Nick Moore that Moore was triple covered.

That said, in the first three quarters, the receivers did a very poor job on 2nd down of setting up beyond the 1st down marker. That's not on Travis.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions did a very poor job of gaining positive yards on first down, leaving them 2nd and long most of the night.
Rammer
Team Captain

Wow, didn't expect the D to be the vulnerable team on the Lions. Had to watch this on the PVR, but did hear that halftime was 17 - 16. With that in mind, I fully expected the Lions D to do what it has all season long, adjust and shutdown the Stamps O. That certainly wasn't the case, most of this loss can be blamed on the LoS, lost on both sides, however, to say the least I am very surprised that the Lions D was unable to make enough of a push to hamper Cornish this game. Even without the QB sacks the size and athleticism the Lions have on the interior of the D should have been able to man handle the LoS. Very disappointing loss when the team seemed like they expected the Stamps to roll over for them. Changes will have to be made and the long in the tooth Lions had better be ready for a difficult talk with Benevides.
Entertainment value = an all time low
MikeAK
All Star

Rammer wrote:Wow, didn't expect the D to be the vulnerable team on the Lions. Had to watch this on the PVR, but did hear that halftime was 17 - 16. With that in mind, I fully expected the Lions D to do what it has all season long, adjust and shutdown the Stamps O. That certainly wasn't the case, most of this loss can be blamed on the LoS, lost on both sides, however, to say the least I am very surprised that the Lions D was unable to make enough of a push to hamper Cornish this game. Even without the QB sacks the size and athleticism the Lions have on the interior of the D should have been able to man handle the LoS. Very disappointing loss when the team seemed like they expected the Stamps to roll over for them. Changes will have to be made and the long in the tooth Lions had better be ready for a difficult talk with Benevides.
D
Team Captain

pissedoff wrote:Just made one about today's playoff loss and it has to be approved before being posted. In other words, guess it won't be, since it's negative and fans have every right to be pissed off at another CHOKE JOB in the WDF.
because you are a brand new member and many new members are spambots, we are trying out a new method to reduce spam by limiting the posting ability of new members.
FTR. You are allowed to be critical here so long as the attacks are not personal. For a better understanding you might want to read the rules here
I own The Grey Cup! .com
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

pissedoff wrote:And yet another in a list of CHOKE JOBS by this team in WDF. They didn't even show up. There's a reason they have never repeated, and never will as Champions.

Totally embarrassing and disguted to be a fan of this organization.

Haven't been a fan of Chapdelaine since he took over. Just don't like the guy. Fire him.
Don't need so called "fans" like you anyway, see ya.
By the looks of your handle and your joined date you won't be posting much here on Lionbackers.
Bighill is Badass