Lions @ Tiger-Cats Game Day Thread Oct. 12

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I can only guess that the officials didn't see it
was pretty fast
he'll be suspended by the league
Bighill is Badass
Rodu
Champion

poor Marco, that was one of the uglier post shot to the head reactions I've seen in a while
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Boo birds sending a message to the Tabbies. Music to the Lions' ears. Now let's hear what the panel has to say about Webb on Ian.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
David
Team Captain

Amazing 1st half by Travis and the Leos. :thup:

Did McCallum injure himself in warm-ups? He's been punting and kicking like crap and looked like he wanted no part of a long field goal at the end.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
MikeAK
All Star

Best first half all season, imo. Good job Lions
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

AC/DC Rocks wrote:I can only guess that the officials didn't see it
was pretty fast
They had to see it, they flagged him for UR on top of the PI.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Panel outraged over the Tabbie hit on Iannuzzi. Calling for fines and suspensions but these idiots gave a pass on the head shot to Pierce. Oh right. The Dunigan gang - he is not there now - are all Argo lovers and have lost perspective.

My comments pre-game were which Henry was playing today still stands.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Amazing 1st half by Travis and the Leos. :thup:

Did McCallum injure himself in warm-ups? He's been punting and kicking like crap and looked like he wanted no part of a long field goal at the end.

With the big lead and Williams back there it was an unnecessary risk anyway.
MikeAK
All Star

Toppy Vann wrote:Panel outraged over the Tabbie hit on Iannuzzi. Calling for fines and suspensions but these idiots gave a pass on the head shot to Pierce. Oh right. The Dunigan gang - he is not there now - are all Argo lovers and have lost perspective.

My comments pre-game were which Henry was playing today still stands.

:rockin:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:

I suspect the reason Benevides chose not to try the field goal is that Chris Williams is back there to return the ball if McCallum misses.
MikeAK
All Star

sj-roc wrote:
was pretty fast

Exactly! The ref was looking right at the hit. I think it's a factor of the ref just not having the balls to make the harsh call in booting him from the game.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Ian in all likelihood will miss Edm next week and force us to dig deeper into our receiving depth. Will Paris Jackson start next week?
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

sj-roc wrote:
was pretty fast
yeah thats right U R, they should have booted him from the game
Bighill is Badass
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Amazing 1st half by Travis and the Leos. :thup:

I noticed that as well David, he had a noticable limp last time he was on the field
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Burris is not playing badly. Keep the pressure on him.