Montreal vs BC Game Day Stats

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

MTL Passing Name Comp Att Yards TD Int
CALVILLO, A 16 26 152 1 0
MCPHERSON, A 0 3 0 0 0

MTL Rushing Name No Yards TD Fum
WHITAKER, B 10 70 0 0
MCPHERSON, A 1 1 0 0

MTL Receiving Name No Yards Lg TD
GREEN, S 2 47 38 0
RICHARDSON, J 4 36 19 1
LAVOIE, P 6 34 11 0
ANDERSON, V 1 18 18 0
BRATTON, B 1 10 10 0
WHITAKER, B 2 7 6 0

MTL Fumbles Name Fum Lost Rec TD

MTL Field Goals Name FG XP Single Pts
WHYTE, S 1 / 2 1 / 1 0 4

MTL Punts Name No Avg Yards Long
WHYTE, S 9 40.3 291 55

MTL Kick Returns Name No Yards Avg TD Lg
ANDERSON, V 6 134 22.3 0 35
BOMBEN, R 1 11 11 0 11

MTL Punt Returns Name No Yards Avg TD Lg
BOWLING, B 4 18 4.5 0 0

MTL Defence Name Tackles Sacks Ints FF
EMRY, S 10 1 0 1
BROWN, J 8 0 0 0
ANDERSON, D 5 0 0 0
OSAISAI, W 4 0 0 0
WILLIAMS, S 4 0 0 0
COX, C 3 0 0 0
DAVIS, R 3 0 0 0
LOCKLEY, M 3 0 0 0
HEBERT, K 3 0 0 0
CASH, A 2 0 0 0
INGRAM, K 2 0 0 0
JENKINS, V 1 0 0 0
BOWMAN, J 1 0 0 1
Entertainment value = an all time low
Rammer
Team Captain

BC Passing Name Comp Att Yards TD Int
LULAY, T 23 31 262 4 0
REILLY, M 2 3 14 0 0

BC Rushing Name No Yards TD Fum
HARRIS, A 14 67 1 0
BROWN, T 6 48 0 1
JACKSON, E 2 40 0 0
LULAY, T 2 12 0 0
GORE, S 1 6 0 0
REILLY, M 2 4 0 1
LUMBALA, R 1 4 0 0

BC Receiving Name No Yards Lg TD
JACKSON, E 4 74 43 1
MOORE, N 6 64 21 1
BRUCE, A 4 60 22 0
GORE, S 5 43 16 1
HARRIS, A 2 15 11 0
FOSTER, A 2 13 10 0
IANNUZZI, M 2 7 5 1

BC Fumbles Name Fum Lost Rec TD

BC Field Goals Name FG XP Single Pts
MCCALLUM, P 2 / 3 5 / 5 0 11

BC Punts Name No Avg Yards Long
MCCALLUM, P 5 43.8 201 49

BC Kick Returns Name No Yards Avg TD Lg
BROWN, T 2 78 39 0 54
LUMBALA, R 1 4 4 0 4

BC Punt Returns Name No Yards Avg TD Lg
BROWN, T 6 72 12 0 0

BC Defence Name Tackles Sacks Ints FF
REDDICK, A 6 0 0 0
MARSH, D 3 0 0 0
TAYLOR, E 3 0 0 0
MCKENZIE, A 3 0 0 0
SHELL, L 2 0 0 0
PHILLIPS, R 2 0 0 0
WILLIAMS, K 2 0 0 0
MUAMBA, C 2 0 0 0
BANKS, K 2 0 0 0
MITCHELL, K 2 1 0 0
SMITH, K 1 1 0 1
BIGHILL, A 1 0 0 0
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks, Rammer. And to David for the Game Day Thread.

Some impressions ... I was only able to see the 2nd quarter live. Caught the highlights. Will see the tape later.

The Lions passed that first place test with flying colors. Jackson, Bruce, Moore, Gore: They were all flying. 262 yards through the air, 4 TD passes, no Ints. for Lulay. Nice to see Nick Moore play well, with focus and determination.

Special kudos to Shawn Gore. Man he took some hits. Love the way he plays. The Alouettes DBs really pack a punch. They make sure you know you've been hit. On our side, I saw Ryan Phillips make first contact and tackle some guys.

181 yards on the ground. 23 carries, and 2 more for Lulay. I had hoped we might get 20 carries by RBs and receivers. And I was happy to see Tim Brown carry 6 times, take some weight off Harris, and wear down the Alouettes D Line, and keep Calvillo off the field.

Reddick was in on a lot of action, 6 tackles.

Khalif Mitchell 2 tackles, and 1 sack. Very happy for the big guy.

The more I see of Khreem Smith, the more I like what he brings, heart and savvy, 1 tackle, 1 sack.

Tim Brown was a force 135 total yards. Andrew Harris 82 total yards.

Way to go, Bennie. Don't let Trestman try to get an illegal challenge in. Love that intensity. LOL

Kudos to the O Line and their coach, Dan Dorazio.

Kudos to JC. I thought he play called and game planned excellently.

Kudos to Rich Stubler. Excellent calls and plan.

Calvillo seemed a little off his game today. Sacked twice too. He didn't seem to handle the pressure all that well, despite his quick reads, and quick throws, and anti blitz package. 152 yards, 1 TD. End of the 300 yard game streak. Hall of Fame bound though. He is a gamer. He and his team still struggle out here. Too bad. Overnight in town. Naps. It didn't work. The Als only had one pass play over 30 yards, 38 to Green. They still look like the best in the East to me, narrowly ahead of Toronto.

7 and 3. I am happy with that. And how close are we to being 10 and 0? I would say very dayum close. But it is probably better this way. Play against the best of what the teams have. Face some adversity. Stay tough. Stay sharp. Pretty awesome display.

Reviewed the tape.

iMO JonHR has been stalwart in the O Line. Knocked some guys ass over tea kettle.

O Line getting a chance to run block as I had hoped, 23 times, with Brown spelling Harris, both work horses.

O Line better prepared for pressure, both 4 man and blitzing.

Lions highly motivated . Lulay very efficient. Tim Brown wonderful, juking but heading up field.

Ernest Jackson wonderful, a great find. What a great group we have now.

I thought JC had a great game plan and play calls.

Stubler ran a number of blitzes, but our front four generated loads of pressure on their own. Calvillo was thrown out of synch.

Interesting how difficult it is to win back to back usually.

Our STs had some adventures, but Brown was awesome.
Rammer
Team Captain

On the illegal challenge, at first I thought that Benefield was most upset, as he had a good match up on O. But on second thought, the Lions didn't go for the TD drive so I am not sure that is the case in reflection.
JohnHenry
Champion

Nlce to see the 20+ rushes by RB's, more of a balanced attack. Lulay making great decisions all game. T. Brown had another strong return game. E. Jackson is a real force with this size and speed. Good job by the OL and RB's to pass block today. Defence really stepped up and shutdown the Als after the 1st Q. Nice to see Muamba make a couple tackles.

Small nits: Ongoing 13th man issues on ST. Confusion on offence at end of first half which cost some points. Lulay throwing high passes which can expose receivers.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Offensively, the Lions stuck with the run on first down and kept the Als guessing on second down. They also moved the pocket well, ran sweeps and bootlegs and counters and made it tough for the front-7 to get aggressive and attack the pocket.

Defensively, as noted by B.C. players and Calvillo on the postgame show, the Lions knew the plays the Als were running and squatted on their routes. Outside of the first drive, where Green and Richardson made key catches, they never got established. Kudos to Korey Banks for shutdown coverage most of the way and to Khalif Mitchell for repeatedly collapsing the pocket in the second half and making Calvillo uncomfortable.

On special teams, the Als caught the Lions with some trickery, including a perfectly executed onside kick from field goal position, but Tim Brown and his blockers won the day. I wish we could play against Montreal's special teams every week.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Adam Bighill credited with only 1 tackle :dizzy:
SammyGreene
Team Captain

A relief to see the offence firing on all cylinders. Sure felt like Travis threw for a lot more yards than his stats suggest. I would not take any other QB in the league over him. His athleticism is tremendous and he showed it again today. Terrific play on that poor snap out of shotgun and how he avoided the sack with his legs and hits Bruce for a first down on the fly. Few QBs in this league make that play,

Amazing how much better the execution is when the offensive line brings that level of play.
xon100
Starter

The Lions came ready to play, nice to see the D-line keeping pressure up all game long. Impressed with Tim Brown over the last two games.
Sometimes nothing is a real cool hand.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Canadian/import this might be the most receiving depth the Lions have had in their history. Scary to think they have to work Simon and Johnson back into the line-up at the expensive of who.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

What is with all the trickery against the Lions?

Riders tried an opening kickoff onside kick? Arayki handled it well and the Lions didn't end up punishing the Riders cuz we fumbled it soon thereafter.

My fading memory seems to remember some other trickery in the past few weeks. Are teams just trying to throw a monkey wrench in there somewhere hoping it will be the break they need.

The Al's trickery worked and it made sense from the spot on the field. They were trying an awfully long field goal and instead were able to make a trick play work. End result was only a field goal but I had to admit, at the time I was wondering if this was going to be one of those weird games where the home crowd was going to go home frustrated. Thankfully, IIRC, that was the last highlight of the Al's day. The rest pretty much sucked (for an Al's fan).

I enjoyed the game today. Have to admit I caught myself grumbling a bit about the sun. Snapped out of it, quickly. How can we whine about what the weather is regardless of what it is? Its too hot when its sunny. Too wet when its rainy. Too whatever, regardless of the weather. That being said, I do hope it is a similar day next week and all the folks on the Lions side of the stadium will get an afternoon in the sun. It really doesn't impact the game much, most of the stadium is still shady. I spent double what I normally do on drinks simply because I was getting thirstier.......
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That was a perfectly executed onside kick. Lion defenders were caught napping and standing still when the 2 Montreal players went in motion. What were the defence thinking ? That the 2 guys were going to the airport for an early flight ?
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Constant pressure with a 4 man rush really helped the LBs and DBs shut down Als receivers. I don't think I saw more than one blitz all game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Heard that Calvillo has not won in his last 12 visit to BC Place. That's 12 years !
274always
All Star

Thank you for that immense butt whipping today. Now if you'll Please do the same next week. :wink:
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.