Game Day Thread - Grey Cup 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I see AC has happy feet already
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

How potent will that missed field goal factor into tonight's final results?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Bosco
Team Captain

AC is finally using his wideouts, but can't put the ball in the endzone.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Nice job Durant.
What a Mental Midget.
I have my head up my butt - 120db
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

100 years of futility continues........hahahahaha, suck it Riders

:tp: :tp:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I was passively cheering for the Riders, but secretly hoping that if Montreal was to win it would be because of a Saskatchewan mistake. All around, a great game from my POV!
pennw
Legend

Riderville gets to stay humble for another year , so all is good .
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

Cavillo has won the same number of cups in the last nine years as the Riders have in 100.
:beauty:
notahomer
Hall of Famer

There were some Riders (Simpson/Clermont) I would have been happy for had the Riders won.

But they didn't. I think the Al's won the Grey Cup kinda the way the Riders played this season. Not spectacular, but enough plays to get the win.
swervynmerv
Legend

pennw wrote:Riderville gets to stay humble for another year , so all is good .

Thank God!! Now can everyone in "Rider Nation" please shut up!!! Being a Lion fan in Saskatchewan is never easy, but it would have unbearable if they had one.

The media here gave Montreal no respect, saying nobody could cover Dressler and that Calvillo was overrated. Well guess what, Dressler did nothing and Calvillo didn't cost their team. They were even comparing Durant to Ronnie Lancaster!! No so fast I guess.

Am I the only one who has grown tired of the Rider Nation arrogance over the last number of years? 3 Grey Cups in 100 years and a 3-18 record in the big game. The way they go on, you would think they had won 5 years in a row. Looks good on them!

Lions in 2011!!!!
Blitz
Team Captain

Another heartbreaking loss for the Riders at the "Big Dance"!!

One or two plays didn't decide this game. The Riders had other opportunities. They had too many two and outs on offence in the second half. They allowed Montreal to move the football and make a huge play to Carter than ended up in a missed field goal and pinned them deep in their own end. They had a first down but Fantuz's offside penalty made it ist and 15 instead. Durrant couldn't afford to take the sack on the next play, escaped and tried to get it out of bounds but couldn't. He made a great play to try.

The Als were the better team on this day and deserved the victory.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Dear Darian,

Every great QB throws an INT that ultimately costs them a Grey Cup.

Sincerely,

Matt Dunnigan
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Riders lost because they had Chapdelaine calling the plays in the 2nd half. 8 consecutive punts to start the 3rd quarter.
rb
Champion

Blitz wrote:Another heartbreaking loss for the Riders at the "Big Dance"!!
Durrant couldn't afford to take the sack on the next play, escaped and tried to get it out of bounds but couldn't. He made a great play to try.

The Als were the better team on this day and deserved the victory.
Absolutely agree, Blitz. If Durant takes the sack there it's 2nd and 20+, with less than a minute to go and the clock moving from the time the ref calls time in. He made a heroic effort on that play-- I still can hardly believe he got out of what seemed like a sure sack.

Also agree that the better team won. The Mtl defence dominated Sask's offence while the Als' offence had a solid second half where they adjusted by using the quick hitches to slow down the Riders' pressure. Duval had a tough game but the Als still were the better team overall and fully deserving of the championship.