Any Doubters That Buono Has Lost Control?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Area51
All Star

At least to me, it's been pretty evident for a while now that BC is a sinking ship - - so after seeing the colossal 4thQ meltdown against the worst team in the league followed by the post game debacles, and then finally the release of the starting QB, is anyone else ready to acknowledge that Buono has completely lost any control he might have had over the team?

Making Printers the scapegoat is another embarassing move by Buono. It's unacceptable to call out your teammates disasterous performance, but there's no problems with a player physically attacking a teammate? There was a lot worse than just yelling and shouting going on in the room, but it's Printers who takes the fall?

Then you have a wash up like Angus Reid calling out Printers in the media the minute he's gone. Much like he was the first one looking for a microphone to call out Ricky Foley after he wisely walked away from this mess. It's pathetic to see Reid being such a lapdog for Buono. Even though he's pretty much useless now, he still wants to squeeze out as many paycheques as he can, but come on - - is it really worth grovelling to the media like that? Maybe if the lead turnstile of the OLine had at least done even just a mediocre job of blocking, Printers would still be in BC and the team would have more than five measely wins this year.

Saddest part is, it's the rookies that have gone wild. Can't imagine how painfully discouraging it must be for vets like Hunt & Geroy to have to watch the team spin out of control from the head coach. You'd think Buono would have the easiest time keeping the first year players under control.

Rookie jumps into an airplane after a TD and takes a dumb penalty.

Rookie punches a veteran in the face inside the room.

Rookie punches an opponent in the bag after the whistle.

This is way beyond Printers. Just another smokescreen distraction for Buono to buy himself more time.

What a disaster for Lion fans.
Last edited by Area51 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Yawn.....

I am trying to decide Boston Pizza or White Spot for lunch tomorrow.

Any suggestions?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
Area51
All Star

Yank In BC wrote:Yawn.....

Any suggestions?

You might want to try a taste of reality.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Not much help there 51.

I kind of like the burgers at White Spot but the Spicy Perogy Pizza at BP is tough to beat.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Any suggestions?
You can never go wrong with BP.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:

Any suggestions?
You can never go wrong with BP.
Yea good call Cromartie. And the talent level at BP is slightly higher then a white spot usually as well.
David
Team Captain

HA! The Foley relative lecturing us on conduct, morality, and ethics. :rotf:

That's a bit rich.

To more important posts.....I vote for the White Spot "Triple O," Yank. :wink:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Area51
All Star

Not always easy to accept reality - - but the reality in BC is that Buono has lost control of the team and BC will not have another winning season as long as he's in charge. Sorry about your luck - - hopefully things will go better for you ordering lunch.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

There does appear to be a double standard with the Lions. As to lunch I recommend the White Spot legendary burger and a bowl of clam chowder. Yum
joe kapp22
Legend

Well, I personally liked the chicken parmasagna at my local BP.

As for HC Buono..well he rolled the dice by making Lulay the starter for the first Wpg game in BC and it paid off, and we were winning the 2nd game until Lulay injured his finger and Casey Printers game into the game, so if anything Wally B doubled down on Lulay and has picked up the dice again for the final 5 games.

An event like releasing Printers can either solidify a team, or tear it down via distraction.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Rodu
Champion

When I was little, White Spot used to give away this neat cardboard pirate ship with the kids meal or whatever it was called. It had a chocolate dollar, and a Playmobile pirate with accessories
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

David wrote:HA! The Foley relative lecturing us on conduct, morality, and ethics. :rotf:

That's a bit rich.

To more important posts.....I vote for the White Spot "Triple O," Yank. :wink:

DH
Area51 likes guys who wear white spandex. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And..Triple O, Yank.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I vote Grill&Greens at White Spot with some decadent 7 layer chocolate cake for dessert. But that's just me. ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:I vote Grill&Greens at White Spot.with some decadent 7 layer chocolate cake for dessert. But that's just me. ;)
I tried the Peppercorn Beef burger the other day. Not impressed but it didn't help that it was overcooked (funny how I can always cook burgers properly on my stovetop or grill and never get salmonella but restaurants are deadly afraid of getting sued).

Don't forget the Nat Baily Rhino Pale Ale!
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Area51 wrote:At least to me, it's been pretty evident for a while now that BC is a sinking ship - - so after seeing the colossal 4thQ meltdown against the worst team in the league followed by the post game debacles, and then finally the release of the starting QB, is anyone else ready to acknowledge that Buono has completely lost any control he might have had over the team?

Making Printers the scapegoat is another embarassing move by Buono. It's unacceptable to call out your teammates disasterous performance, but there's no problems with a player physically attacking a teammate? There was a lot worse than just yelling and shouting going on in the room, but it's Printers who takes the fall?

Then you have a wash up like Angus Reid calling out Printers in the media the minute he's gone. Much like he was the first one looking for a microphone to call out Ricky Foley after he wisely walked away from this mess. It's pathetic to see Reid being such a lapdog for Buono. Even though he's pretty much useless now, he still wants to squeeze out as many paycheques as he can, but come on - - is it really worth grovelling to the media like that? Maybe if the lead turnstile of the OLine had at least done even just a mediocre job of blocking, Printers would still be in BC and the team would have more than five measely wins this year.

Saddest part is, it's the rookies that have gone wild. Can't imagine how painfully discouraging it must be for vets like Hunt & Geroy to have to watch the team spin out of control from the head coach. You'd think Buono would have the easiest time keeping the first year players under control.

Rookie jumps into an airplane after a TD and takes a dumb penalty.

Rookie punches a veteran in the face inside the room.

Rookie punches an opponent in the bag after the whistle.

This is way beyond Printers. Just another smokescreen distraction for Buono to buy himself more time.

What a disaster for Lion fans.

By the reaction to your post it might be wise for you to do the same.