Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Typhoon_SSN
prospect

Thanks!

In fact, I didn't know about the efforts of the Canadian league (the only efforts I've been exposed to were these of my classmates!) but I've been doing my part as well and showed a couple games to my friends who are into sports back home, it's a little bit like showing them a game from Mars in their eyes, but they've still found it interesting and one of them has even started following some teams online!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Welcome, Typhoon.

Enjoy.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Foxhound
Starter

I'm otherwise known as Balticfox.

I've been a hardcore CFL fan since catching part of the 1958 Grey Cup Game on the radio in the living room. The 1959 Topps CFL cards were the first bubble gum cards I ever collected as a kid. Here are some shots from my present day set:

I have a vague memory of getting them in this first wrapper here although some were evidently also distributed in this second wrapper which Topps had used previously for the 1958 NFL cards:

I'm still a big card collector to the present day. In addition between my spouse and myself we have nearly forty CFL jerseys, all with a Radically Canadian patch stitched onto them!

:mac:
Radically Canadian!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Welcome. Looking forward to your contributions.
oldhyack
prospect

Hello, i am a long time fan of the lions and grew up in New Westminster. Played football starting in grade 7 for the s.burnaby huskies (12-13 years old?), played all through high school (we were bad, but i loved the contact), and then one year for the surrey rams. My mom and dad were big fans. When my wife and kids and i visited Vancouver (we live 1000 kms away now) we would all go to the games at empire and b.c.place. I am retired now. I have followed lionbackers for years, and am amazed at the quality of comments. So that's about it, except i will mention i have a mother in law who is an insufferable riders fan even though she has lived in b.c. for 89 of her 90 years. I even have to remind her when to cheer!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

oldhyack wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:53 am
Hello, i am a long time fan of the lions and grew up in New Westminster. Played football starting in grade 7 for the s.burnaby huskies (12-13 years old?), played all through high school (we were bad, but i loved the contact), and then one year for the surrey rams. My mom and dad were big fans. When my wife and kids and i visited Vancouver (we live 1000 kms away now) we would all go to the games at empire and b.c.place. I am retired now. I have followed lionbackers for years, and am amazed at the quality of comments. So that's about it, except i will mention i have a mother in law who is an insufferable riders fan even though she has lived in b.c. for 89 of her 90 years. I even have to remind her when to cheer!
Welcome to the site. Post more often.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Evil Empire
prospect

Evil Empire checking in.

I’m in my 50s, and been going to Eskimo games since I was a young child. We lived about 3 blocks from old Clarke Stadium. My older brother and I used to know the groundskeeper for the stadium, and he’d always let us in before the gates opened.

I watch as many CFL games as possible every year. It doesn’t matter who is playing. So I have a good general sense and knowledge of all of the teams. With Reilly going to your team in the offseason, I’ve paid particular attention to the Lions this year.

But I’m not a troll and won’t put your team down, or pile on. I don’t even post on any site at all. But an issue close to my heart made me register here. The troll and replies to that troll made me join up. But that guy lost his mind and has rightly been turfed from the site.

I read every day, but will only post occasionally. But, I will be a respectful guest in your house.

Life is too short to live with hate.

All the best to you and yours, and your team.

EVIL EMPIRE.
David
Team Captain

Thanks for joining Lionbackers, Evil Empire. We enjoy hearing from all CFL teams' fans here and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Evil Empire
prospect

David wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:35 am
Thanks for joining Lionbackers, Evil Empire. We enjoy hearing from all CFL teams' fans here and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome!

DH :cool:
Thank you, David.
Orange_crush
prospect

Hello.I'm Joe. Born in Edmonton, Eskimo fan until I moved to Vancouver in 1978. Then I became a Lions' fan. Worked at B.C. Place on and off from 1988 to 2014. So I got to know the Lions' team from being around them.I've seen worse messes with the Lions' throughout the years, so I am not about to count them out now. I still miss standing next to Mr. Ackles at the west end of the locker room. And Kaito, too.BTW, I am 66 years old, which makes me old.
D
Team Captain

Welcome Joe
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Dusty
Champion

Welcome Joe!

BTW, 66 is not old..... my understanding is that 70 is the new 50.... which puts me into my late 40's.... That's my story and I''m sticking with it!
Distracted
prospect

Hello hello
New fan of the game and team here so be gentle and patient!

I moved to Canada & Vancouver 18 months ago from the UK and pretty quickly started going to see the Lions as I can walk to the game and have always wanted to go to live Football games and have a local team to cheer on. I got addicted (along with my missus) pretty quickly.

I always followed a bit of NFL, and played a few computer games, so understood the basics of the game and really enjoyed the CFL version. Loved going to the stadium and watching the game (coming from the UK, it was so civilised - beer and food at your seat. Whoop whoop).

Didn't commit to a season ticket for this year but have been to all the home games and will make it to most of the others. Interesting times to go through watching the new team struggling to bring itself together, for me although disappointing, it's really accelerated my understanding of the complexity and challenge of the game. When you see it not working, the appreciation is much bigger when it does work.

This forum is great for me learning the nuances of the game and what is expected of the players in each position.

Looking forward to getting involved

N
D
Team Captain

Welcome aboard Distracted

It's a great game particularly the CFL, to see how civilized it can be You and the Mrs's should do yourselves a favor and go to a grey cup. Picture fans of all the teams partying and very rarely a problem.

Keep the faith better days ahead :beer:

:wave:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Distracted
prospect

Thanks for the warm welcome @MVP

Definitely planning on a Grey Cup game at some point. Have already seen great mixing and friendly rivalry between the fans (in fact had a good chat with a Ticats fan setting next to me at BC place).