Time to give Printers his due

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Area51
All Star

Big ups to Printers for such a great game today. Can't really find anything he did wrong - - even most of his incompletions were throw aways to avoid the sack. The team seems to have a renewed swagger & confidence with him under centre. It was Printers who got BC into the division final next week. Without him at QB today, the season is over.

Interesting to look back on some of the threads from earlier this season & last that called for Printers' return. Quite a few people had nothing good to say about Printers and basically ridiculed the idea of him returning to BC. So big ups to Pauser and the few others who maintained their support in calling for the return of Casey.

I know how frustrating it is when you can clearly recognize a top notch talent but the coaches can't / won't see it. Speaking of which, I'd say Ricky Foley had a pretty good day today. Maybe even an all star caliber performance?
The_Pauser
Legend

Area51 wrote:Big ups to Printers for such a great game today. Can't really find anything he did wrong - - even most of his incompletions were throw aways to avoid the sack. The team seems to have a renewed swagger & confidence with him under centre. It was Printers who got BC into the division final next week. Without him at QB today, the season is over.

Interesting to look back on some of the threads from earlier this season & last that called for Printers' return. Quite a few people had nothing good to say about Printers and basically ridiculed the idea of him returning to BC. So big ups to Pauser and the few others who maintained their support in calling for the return of Casey.

I know how frustrating it is when you can clearly recognize a top notch talent but the coaches can't / won't see it. Speaking of which, I'd say Ricky Foley had a pretty good day today. Maybe even an all star caliber performance?
I respect this.

And yes, fully agree that with any of our other 4 QB's behind center this game, we are going home. I truly believe, with what Casey has shown us, that we now have a QB in the same league as Henry Burris, Ricky Ray and Anthony Calvillo. And by the looks of our offense with him behind center, we do look dangerous out there. We can now finally make big plays, make short plays, and have a QB who can scramble and make something out of nothing. We have a smart QB who knows when to throw the ball away, and I truly believe we have a shot at the Grey Cup this year even.
Roar you Lions roar!
Bobbyp
Champion

The 3 games he has played without a doubt in my mind it was the personal in Hamilton the previous years. It looks like they have found some keepers there tho as well really like there Oline
and some of their new recievers. With good recievers hes awesome some of those catches Geroy made were great.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Area51 wrote:Interesting to look back on some of the threads from earlier this season & last that called for Printers' return. Quite a few people had nothing good to say about Printers and basically ridiculed the idea of him returning to BC.
Guilty. Casey has exceeded all my expectations and played better than in the 2004 season. Props to Wally for bringing him into the mix and getting him ready before the need became critical.
pennw
Legend

Yes Casey has exceeded the expectations of many and needs to be respected . But certainly most have been doing so the last few weeks already .
One thing that should not be overlooked though , is the time CP was on the outside looking in seemed to be a nessassary time for him to develop his character to point where it was not before . He has come back a much better person and player for it IMO . As many have noted he's a changed man . He was called a prima donna and such things before , no one can say that now .He seems to feel he belongs with this particular team and now the team(and fans) accepts him in such a role . Kudos to Casey , the"prodigal" has returned .
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

I called for Casey to be signed as soon as I heard that Jarious was out for awhile. And I was shocked that he was signed so quickly after. It has turned out to be a great decision. I'm glad that he has able to redeem himself.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Rammer
Team Captain

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lion ... story.html

That guy was perceptive on the Printers/Simon connection, who knew Arceneaux would get in on the act. Looks like the Lion receivers are chicken salad and Hamilton's not so much.
Entertainment value = an all time low
The_Pauser
Legend

Rammer wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lion ... story.html

That guy was perceptive on the Printers/Simon connection, who knew Arceneaux would get in on the act. Looks like the Lion receivers are chicken salad and Hamilton's not so much.
Haha congrats Rammer!

EDIT: Just saw the date, LOL...but I was in Europe when it was published so I deserve a pass for missing that one......
Roar you Lions roar!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

“Casey definitely has the physical tools. He can run, he can throw, he can throw on the run. He and Geroy [Simon] have a good communication. And if there’s anybody who needs to get rolling, it’s Geroy.”
Great call Rammer — Geroy 100 yard-plus games in each of Casey's starts (minus the Edm game of course).

Sagging attendance, ugly home field losses, a lack of big plays and your star receiver being basically ignored in some games. Casey Printers Part II is arguably more important to this franchise now than his spectacular 2004 season.

Nothing against Buck or Jarious as both are quality quarterbacks. But the fact Printers is making 300-plus yard passing games seem routine again is the high level of play we came accustomed earlier this decade.

Say hello to the Lions 2010 poster boy.
TheZeppo
Starter

Area51 wrote:Big ups to Printers for such a great game today. Can't really find anything he did wrong - - even most of his incompletions were throw aways to avoid the sack.

He did make a lot of good decisions today. However, he still has a tendency to
force the ball deep even when his receiver is covered. His decision to do this
with two minutes left could have cost us today's game. The Lions were second and
four at their own 45, and Printers threw a ball up for Simon on the far sideline, even
though he was closely covered by a Ti-cat. Not the smartest call in that situation.
After the incompletion, the Lions had to punt, giving the ball back to Hamilton
with a minute and a half left.
Rammer
Team Captain

My question on the game would be what percentage of the play did the Lions control? I am going to say that we had about a 60/40 and still the game goes into OT. We not only need to drastically outplay the opposition, we can't lose the turnover game, otherwise we are in trouble.

As for my little piece in the Sun, the ..."It’s tough to have Casey step in at this point, but he provides a comfort zone. It’ll be interesting to see if the negative side flips a little, now that he’s on the team again.” ... seems to have slightly bumped to the positive side with this win.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

A picture for the archives, Rammer. It was nice to be able to welcome Casey back the Lions, and you were very perceptive.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:

A picture for the archives, Rammer. It was nice to be able to welcome Casey back the Lions, and you were very perceptive.
But the Sun knew better than to offer up either of our faces on that picture. :wink:
Ravi
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
“Casey definitely has the physical tools. He can run, he can throw, he can throw on the run. He and Geroy [Simon] have a good communication. And if there’s anybody who needs to get rolling, it’s Geroy.”
Great call Rammer — Geroy 100 yard-plus games in each of Casey's starts (minus the Edm game of course).

Sagging attendance, ugly home field losses, a lack of big plays and your star receiver being basically ignored in some games. Casey Printers Part II is arguably more important to this franchise now than his spectacular 2004 season.

Nothing against Buck or Jarious as both are quality quarterbacks. But the fact Printers is making 300-plus yard passing games seem routine again is the high level of play we came accustomed earlier this decade.

Say hello to the Lions 2010 poster boy.
With all due respect to the likes of Wally, Dickenson and Simon, I have always believed that Casey did more to put the Lions back on the map in B.C. than anyone with the exception of Bob Ackles. That 2004 season was a thing of beauty and almost magical. I really wish that Casey had ended up in Toronto which a few of us Argos fans had been calling for for almost a year now. However, if he didn't end up in Toronto, I had hoped that he would end up back in Vancouver where he should stabilize that franchise for years to come due to his popularity out there.

What is the mood out there in Vancouver tonight? Are the sports call-in shows Lions- and Casey-dominated as they should be?