Lions 34 - TiCats 27 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Belize City Lion wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:Congrats to the Lions and their fans - an exciting game and a great finish! All aspects of the Lions' game were clicking yesterday, for sure.

Best of luck on Sunday!!
Thanks, Vern.

Best of luck to your team also. :thup:
I imagine this is one of those very rare weeks where Riders fans will be cheering for BC and Lions fans will be cheering for Saskatchewan.
Facing the Riders would better suit the Lions alright, not so sure that even the Riders want to face the Als. I doubt that they want to offer up support for the Lions either though, kind of like they want the Als and Lions to end up with alot of IL players.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Vern Halen wrote:Congrats to the Lions and their fans - an exciting game and a great finish! All aspects of the Lions' game were clicking yesterday, for sure.

Best of luck on Sunday!!
Thanks, Vern.

Best of luck to your team also. :thup:
I imagine this is one of those very rare weeks where Riders fans will be cheering for BC and Lions fans will be cheering for Saskatchewan.
No f'ing way. I will never cheer for Sask to win. I may cheer for the opposition to lose, but never for the green weenies to win.......
I have my head up my butt - 120db
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

JohnHenry wrote:The Lions suffered a few injuries in that game, D. Heerspink and M. Mallet for starters. I haven't heard any updates yet, hopefully they'll be ok to play Sunday. Now that we've cut A.J. Harris, who would be alternate starter...Jamal Lee or I. Smart? And J. Sorensen starting at Tackle? :cr:
Ian Smart ... won the starting job at TC. Got hurt. Gets no respect. Just produces. Gets my vote if Mallett can't go.

Mallett is a warrior. It would take a lot to keep from playing.

Damane Duckett if Heerspink can't go.

Rayford if Williams can't go. Would need another backup with Gibbs and Williams out. Go with Andrew Jones as backup.

My guesses ...
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:The Lions suffered a few injuries in that game, D. Heerspink and M. Mallet for starters. I haven't heard any updates yet, hopefully they'll be ok to play Sunday. Now that we've cut A.J. Harris, who would be alternate starter...Jamal Lee or I. Smart? And J. Sorensen starting at Tackle? :cr:
Ian Smart ... won the starting job at TC. Got hurt. Gets no respect. Just produces. Gets my vote if Mallett can't go.

Mallett is a warrior. It would take a lot to keep from playing.

Damane Duckett if Heerspink can't go.

Rayford if Williams can't go. Would need another backup with Gibbs and Williams out. Go with Andrew Jones as backup.

My guesses ...

We may have got another step closer to Big T coming back to the den with the Williams hamstring injury, and Rayford already in play.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Memorable moments/keys to this game.

Instilling some creativity in the run game. With a very motivated Ian Smart this worked very well. I kept fearing a fumble with all those fakes and or a stop for negetive yards but there was always very good positive yards.

Obviously Casey being incredible. As stated his throws were money. He was also able to stay in the pockit much longer and had good looks at our recievers; in fact one play I swear he was looking at his watch he had so much time.

That catch by Arcenaux. wow! Reminded me of a Jim Sandusky catch years ago.

Rejuvinated and better defense. Ya I know about the last drive, but they kept us in the lead all game; and did great at keeping cobb from moving the chains.

Key to the game I don't need to cry about: those dam procedure calls. :bang:
Gerry
Legend

pennw wrote:I never flamed you pauser , when you make an *** of yourself you bring stuff upon yourself . You trash talked our other QB's to no end and got a very predictable response , so quit your crying about being "flamed" . If you had class you would recognise this . Yes you called for Printers return , many are on the bandwagon now , just be happy you got your wish . But do you expect all those you antagonised to kiss your *** now? It ain't gonna happen . I got news for you to , without those QB's you trash talked all season long , there would not have been the 8 wins thatallowed Casey the chance to get his first win of the season . Why don't you acknowledge JJ and BP for getting us into the playoffs in the first place ? The way you're going about it now is only going to get you less respected then you already were before.
How about you just try showing some class and maybe you'll gain some respect instead ? We are cheering for the same team after all .
That seems to have shut him up. Good job.
Enough is enough.
The_Pauser
Legend

Gerry wrote:
pennw wrote:I never flamed you pauser , when you make an *** of yourself you bring stuff upon yourself . You trash talked our other QB's to no end and got a very predictable response , so quit your crying about being "flamed" . If you had class you would recognise this . Yes you called for Printers return , many are on the bandwagon now , just be happy you got your wish . But do you expect all those you antagonised to kiss your *** now? It ain't gonna happen . I got news for you to , without those QB's you trash talked all season long , there would not have been the 8 wins thatallowed Casey the chance to get his first win of the season . Why don't you acknowledge JJ and BP for getting us into the playoffs in the first place ? The way you're going about it now is only going to get you less respected then you already were before.
How about you just try showing some class and maybe you'll gain some respect instead ? We are cheering for the same team after all .
Not at all actually, I just choose not to continue to argue it because it's not worth my time.

He flamed me several times. Often referring me to 120db or his brother...had absolutely nothing to do with my posts or arguments against what was then our current QB situation. He thinks that our QB's were playing well at the time...coming off a game where Jarious Jackson turned the ball over FIVE times, he refused to acknowledge that as a problem. Sure the defense that game played like crap, but that doesn't make it acceptable for your QB to turn the ball over five times. He refused to acknowledge that with Buck's health as fragile as it was that we couldn't rely on him being our starter and taking us on his shoulders to a championship. He refused to acknowledge that, while Jarious has tremendous arm strength, he doesn't have a polished arm that can get the job done consistently, without turning the ball over and without stalling on the majority of his drives. Hell, even Wally acknowledged that we didn't have a superstar QB and that we had merely two average ones. And when you look at past championship teams, the majority of them have superstar QB's, or at least QB's who put in superstar performances that year. If you think you can get by with an average QB because he might put up a superstar performance that year, fine. But at mid-season, none of our QB's were even close to looking like they could carry this team to a championship and that they could put up points on any given drive if that's what the situation called for.

I was calling, at mid season, for a new QB. I mentioned Casey, but I mentioned others as well if he weren't a realistic option. People kept saying that was a terrible idea and that bringing in a new QB mid-season would not work. People like this guy said, for certain, that bringing in a new QB would be throwing away the season because it WOULD NOT WORK. Like they knew it wouldn't work. My stance the entire time was that the situation couldn't get any worse than it was (at the time we were 1-4) so that it was worth a shot.

Now looking in hindsight, my stance I feel was correct. Although the circumstances that led to us bringing in Casey were different from what I was going at (and it's really too bad that it took a Jarious injury for us to sign Casey as I would never wish an injury on anyone....well maybe Bryan Marchment from hockey but that's another story). And look what's happened? We now have a QB who can be considered elite, who legitimately gives us a shot to win everytime he starts, who has taken us to the EDF. This has worked our great for the team and one has to wonder where we would be had we made this move sooner.
Roar you Lions roar!
Spud387
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Not at all actually, I just choose not to continue to argue it because it's not worth my time.

He flamed me several times. Often referring me to 120db or his brother...had absolutely nothing to do with my posts or arguments against what was then our current QB situation. He thinks that our QB's were playing well at the time...coming off a game where Jarious Jackson turned the ball over FIVE times, he refused to acknowledge that as a problem. Sure the defense that game played like crap, but that doesn't make it acceptable for your QB to turn the ball over five times. He refused to acknowledge that with Buck's health as fragile as it was that we couldn't rely on him being our starter and taking us on his shoulders to a championship. He refused to acknowledge that, while Jarious has tremendous arm strength, he doesn't have a polished arm that can get the job done consistently, without turning the ball over and without stalling on the majority of his drives. Hell, even Wally acknowledged that we didn't have a superstar QB and that we had merely two average ones. And when you look at past championship teams, the majority of them have superstar QB's, or at least QB's who put in superstar performances that year. If you think you can get by with an average QB because he might put up a superstar performance that year, fine. But at mid-season, none of our QB's were even close to looking like they could carry this team to a championship and that they could put up points on any given drive if that's what the situation called for.

I was calling, at mid season, for a new QB. I mentioned Casey, but I mentioned others as well if he weren't a realistic option. People kept saying that was a terrible idea and that bringing in a new QB mid-season would not work. People like this guy said, for certain, that bringing in a new QB would be throwing away the season because it WOULD NOT WORK. Like they knew it wouldn't work. My stance the entire time was that the situation couldn't get any worse than it was (at the time we were 1-4) so that it was worth a shot.

Now looking in hindsight, my stance I feel was correct. Although the circumstances that led to us bringing in Casey were different from what I was going at (and it's really too bad that it took a Jarious injury for us to sign Casey as I would never wish an injury on anyone....well maybe Bryan Marchment from hockey but that's another story). And look what's happened? We now have a QB who can be considered elite, who legitimately gives us a shot to win everytime he starts, who has taken us to the EDF. This has worked our great for the team and one has to wonder where we would be had we made this move sooner.
In the end Casey was a wise choice, but by the time that Casey started, we were winning or it was close games. Buck was playing well, playing how he does best, reckless. Casey has been outstanding since coming here, but he didn't solve all of our problems. Even with the massive performances Buck & Casey and put up in the final half of the season, we have either lost or barely won. That reiterates what many have been saying before, QB was not our main problem. A new QB wouldn't solve all of our issues. If QBing was the problem, Casey would be 3-0 right now having thrown three 300+ games.

Has Casey proved the doubters wrong with his attitude and performances? Yes. Does he fix the main issues with this team? No. That was the big point people were trying to get at earlier in the season.
The_Pauser
Legend

Spud387 wrote:
In the end Casey was a wise choice, but by the time that Casey started, we were winning or it was close games. Buck was playing well, playing how he does best, reckless. Casey has been outstanding since coming here, but he didn't solve all of our problems. Even with the massive performances Buck & Casey and put up in the final half of the season, we have either lost or barely won. That reiterates what many have been saying before, QB was not our main problem. A new QB wouldn't solve all of our issues. If QBing was the problem, Casey would be 3-0 right now having thrown three 300+ games.

Has Casey proved the doubters wrong with his attitude and performances? Yes. Does he fix the main issues with this team? No. That was the big point people were trying to get at earlier in the season.
Oh I know, but if people are saying that my belief was that Casey would solve all our problems then they clearly weren't reading my posts. Because there were numerous times where I explicitly stated that QBing was not our major problem, but it was still a problem that needed to be addressed. One of many. I even used a car analogy. If you have a car with an engine that doesn't start and no breaks, are you just going to go off and get that engine fixed while completely ignoring the breaks?

Now that we have a top QB, that's one less issue on this team. What are the next issues? Offensive line, defensive line (particularly consistency against the run, and getting more pressure on the pass rush), one more linebacker, and a new scheme that better suits our talented defensive backs. Oh, and an offensive coordinator.
Roar you Lions roar!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

B.C. Lions quarterback Casey Printers was named CFL offensive player of the week Tuesday while teammate Ricky Foley was named defensive player of the week and top Canadian.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Gerry
Legend

The_Pauser wrote:
Gerry wrote:
But apparently now it is. Fair enough.

And since you responded to me, I'll return the favour.
Whatever "flame" means, he may have. But you deserved it. It's ludicrous to say that pierce could not have won us a Grey Cup, or even Jackson, for that matter. The problem was that Pierce kept getting injured and Jackson did not get the playing time to build up any kind of continuity. Both of those fellows have toiled long and hard without complaint for this team and you showed them no respect at all with your constant calling for a guy who has done nothing for over 4 years and who was a major distraction the last year that he was here. Don't say that he wasn't because the turmoil stopped as soon as he was gone.

I realize that staying healthy is a major part of being successful in sport and that Pierce fails on that score, but it is not as if Printers has such a great track record there either. Even since coming back here this year he could not complete his 3rd game because he FELL DOWN AND HURT HIS THUMB! Seriously. I've fallen on construction sites many times and had to break a fall by extending my arm, but I've never hurt my thumb by doing it. He is playing well now, no doubt, but for how long before he walks off the field shaking something with a pained expression on his face? And if Lulay fills in (next year) while Casey is hurt do we have a controversy again? All the BS that went on the last time CP was here?
At the time that you were calling for another QB we did not need one. Once they all went down with the exception of Champion, we obviously did. Time will tell if Printers was the right choice to bring in. The verdict is still out as far as I am concerned. But I do trust WB, and if he feels that it's right, and he knows the situation, then that's good enough for me.
WB made the move at the right time. Sooner would not have been the right thing to do. You only ended up being right like the broken clock is right. I don't care about "elite". It's a subjective term in any case. I still maintain that Pierce and Jackson are better members of your team and that it is a team that wins, not a quarterback. Unfortunately Pierce may be out of football soon and Jackson's shot may well be behind him as he played for us when guys like Pierce and Dickenson (players with more talent, IMO) were ahead of him. But he was a reliable stalwart who contributed well to many Lion victories when we had no one else to play the position. I respect the man for that. I hope he stays with the team in some capacity because he is a person of character.

You like Printers. Fine. Many people do. My issue with you was the disrespect you showed for Pierce and Jackson with your constant posts for Printers. In fact, I like Printers less than I otherwise might because of the Printer fanatics that populate this site.
Enough is enough.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:In fact, I like Printers less than I otherwise might because of the Printer fanatics that populate this site.
You couldn't possibly let postings influence such a decision. Man that is just weird.
Gerry
Legend

Lionheart wrote:
Gerry wrote:In fact, I like Printers less than I otherwise might because of the Printer fanatics that populate this site.
You couldn't possibly let postings influence such a decision. Man that is just weird.
Well, you know me. I AM a bit weird.
Enough is enough.