Some guy comparing CFL to NFL on the Canucks.com board

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

almo89
Legend

Okay, usually I just read these and see what ppl have to say. Usually it's the same thing NFL is better or CFL is better blah blah blah. Well this guy is pro NFL and he disses the CFL pretty badly. I'm already used to it. But in the middle of the thread, he disses Lui Passaglia and that got me pissed. He dissed my favourite player and I had to respond. I'm just ranting here. Here is the thread if you guys want to do some light reading:

http://forum.canucks.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
Lionut
Hall of Famer

There is an old expression that says you'll never get to your destination if you stop to kick every barking dog along the way. It's a useful one to keep in mind when considering whether to even respond to the Mensa members who populate that Canucks board.

There will always be a group of alleged "sports" fans in this country who think that peeing on the CFL makes them sophisticated, discriminating sports fans. They are the same "fans" who don't watch any other level of hockey other than the NHL, and whose knowledge level on any sport is limited to what they are told by the talking heads on TV.

Here's your smile for the day when it comes to those "NFL only" fans. What to know the dirty little secret about why the NFL is so popular with 20-something males? Gambling. Many of these guys are the same schmucks who flush their money away each weekend buying Sports Action tickets, gambling with Bowmans or other off-shore gambling sites, etc. When Bowman's and Sports Action advertises on the TEAM 1040 so heavily, exactly whom do you think they are targeting? Boneheads like this guy, that's who.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I read a couple of pages and that poundcruncher sound like a real winner.
Rammer
Team Captain

You may want to point out to him that Globals NFL SB numbers are way down, he is becoming part of a dying breed....lol
Entertainment value = an all time low
OV - 54:40
Champion

Lionut wrote:There is an old expression that says you'll never get to your destination if you stop to kick every barking dog along the way. It's a useful one to keep in mind when considering whether to even respond to the Mensa members who populate that Canucks board.

There will always be a group of alleged "sports" fans in this country who think that peeing on the CFL makes them sophisticated, discriminating sports fans. They are the same "fans" who don't watch any other level of hockey other than the NHL, and whose knowledge level on any sport is limited to what they are told by the talking heads on TV.

Here's your smile for the day when it comes to those "NFL only" fans. What to know the dirty little secret about why the NFL is so popular with 20-something males? Gambling. Many of these guys are the same schmucks who flush their money away each weekend buying Sports Action tickets, gambling with Bowmans or other off-shore gambling sites, etc. When Bowman's and Sports Action advertises on the TEAM 1040 so heavily, exactly whom do you think they are targeting? Boneheads like this guy, that's who.

:rockin: :s:

Awesome post dude! Bang on, IMO.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

that idiot was making me so mad
2012 Season Ticket Holder
squishy35
Legend

Just someone full of himself and one who buys into the NFL hype. Probably one who loves the sound of his own voice and doesn't realize just how much he is causing a lot of embarrasment to himself; not to mention irreparable damage to his lack of intelligence.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Rammer wrote:You may want to point out to him that Globals NFL SB numbers are way down, he is becoming part of a dying breed....lol
Globals numbers are down because there are so many other ways to view rather than a simultaneous substitution rebroadcast that they provide.....many cable and satellite providers now offer the "true" American feed along with it's commercials in true HD....rather than Globals watered down version with Canadian Tire/Panago Pizza ad-mats.

But he's still part of a dying breed.
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Some people like to go a steak house and enjoy the sizzle. Myself, I like eating the steak.
kidder
Rookie

that guy, is a "Three Star ,.......... Triple -O- , ...........Weenie". What a shame to go thru life sooooooooo confused. Must hurt .........
almo89
Legend

LOL they had to lock up the thread cause it ended up in being a personal attack thread. Typical Canucks.com thread. We are much more civilized around here.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

you said it bro
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Black99GT

i wouldnt be surprised if this guy is the guy that sits in front of me at Canucks games...he's always wearing a Seahawks hat and i notice he is never at canucks games on Sundays when the Seahawks play...i didnt bother reading it though...dont want to waste my time.
Gerry
Legend

I don't see the thread locked. I just registered over there to get my $0.02 in.

Probably a waste of time, but what the heck. I sure don't have too high an opinion of the posters over there though, except for that silverpig guy.

....still waiting for the confirmation e-mail that activates my account......