Acree an Eskimo

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Black99GT

TJ Acree signed with Edmonton, saw it on Sportsnet.ca, not sure if this was posted yet.
squishy35
Legend

I think Edmonton just got a lot better at the receiving position. Looks like Chapdelaine is set to pick his loyalists from BC.

I would suggest that Mookie may not return to the Esks this season.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

lion24
Legend

i think acree was a decent receiver but i don't know if he made the esks receving corps that much better.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

lion24 wrote:i think acree was a decent receiver but i don't know if he made the esks receving corps that much better.
I agree, he will be a solid fill in, but shouldn't come back to bite us. "Funny that Chaps would take him on and him sign there, given that he rarely saw the field under Chapdelaine as a Lion. I think much the same will happen in Edmonton.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

it won't be like he's the next Hervey. He'll make a difference, but significant? I don't think so.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Tighthead
Legend

Did Acree ever dress for another game after he got Tasered downtown? That incident may have factored into his future as a Lion as much as anything.

See Jacobs, Raymond.
CB123
Legend

He had potential, and I think its *poop* we lost him.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Acree is a possession type receiver. Has average speed.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rammer wrote:
lion24 wrote:i think acree was a decent receiver but i don't know if he made the esks receving corps that much better.
I agree, he will be a solid fill in, but shouldn't come back to bite us. "Funny that Chaps would take him on and him sign there, given that he rarely saw the field under Chapdelaine as a Lion. I think much the same will happen in Edmonton.
Sometimes a good young prospect doesn't get off the sidelines because of inexperience. Other times it's because the depth above him simply doesn't provide much opportunity. With BC's 2006 receiving group having the likes of Simon, Clermont, Thelwell, Jackson, Simmons, Anderson and the arrival of the speedier Jones I'd suggest it was more a case of the latter than the former. Who knows maybe on another roster last year where he gets more chances to play he develops into a starter. That simply wasn't going to happen in BC and it had a lot more to do with the other guys on the roster than any inadequacies on Acree's part IMHO.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tighthead wrote:Did Acree ever dress for another game after he got Tasered downtown? That incident may have factored into his future as a Lion as much as anything.

See Jacobs, Raymond.
Exactly. Acree's last game was Aug. 10, which was also Jason Clermont's return to the roster. The Tasering happened Aug. 26.

Acree is a sure-handed possession slotback. He wasn't going to beat Clermont or Simon out of a job but he hung around because he had talent. No one hangs around this team for long after after having a well-publicized run-in with the cops.

Acree could be a valuable asset to the Esks. Derrell Mitchell is going to be 36. He has re-signed for 2007 but Danny Maciocia has suggested that he could be replaced by a younger player.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Acree's strength is versatilty, being able to play inside, outside and PR/KR..........but like all jack-of-all-trades, he wasn't a master of any of them.

The team needs more deep threat speed......hopefully Wiley King will be back and the receiver that cromartie was very high on (name escapes me).
Lloyd