kickoff/punt returner

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

just wondering who will be our returner next year? i am assuming smart but any other contenders. i would like to see smart on more running plays to spell smith as it looked pretty good in the grey cup.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Rammer
Team Captain

You never know as Wally will bring in competition, but with Smarts performance on ST and at RB, his diversity is going to be hard to knockoff.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Tighthead
Legend

Exactly Rammer - that little bit of depth at RB is valuable. With the small CFL Roster, I am not a fan of a guy who gives no cover at any position.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

a backup would be nice, and Believe it or not I think Wiley King is that guy. He had a bad Pre-Season fumble wise, but his speed and catching ability (err most of the time) is impressive.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I would like to see the Lions bring in couple of returners to give Smart some competition. If one of them pan out, keep him around town as insurance.
midwestlion
Starter

I think Kendrick can fill those spots. Would want to use Smart too much. Need two backs for a full CFL season
lion24
Legend

the only thing with kendrick jones is i am sure they would want to use him more as a receiver and not running back returns and getting hurt. the lions do have three pretty good running backs in green,smith,smart so they may be able to sustain an injury, hopefully it does not happen, at running back more than receiver with thelwell leaving.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP